-Chapter Twenty-One-

Peter Parker POV

The demigods stayed with the Avengers for a few more days. A lot of stories were shared, and Peter couldn't get enough of it. He really liked having kids his age around, not that he didn't like hanging out with the Avengers! It was easier when people like Percy and Annabeth were there to get his jokes, and understand all his school stress.

"I think we're heading out today, I have to go back to my Mom, she'll be happy to see me. So will my sister," Percy had an arm around Annabeth's shoulder's. 

"And we have to get back to camp, Chiron won't be pleased we over stayed our allowance, but hey whatever," Nico sighed as he looked back at all his friends. Peter felt sad, he didn't want them to go. 

"We will we ever get to work together again?" Peter asked, he had finally made friends his age. Kids that he could relate to, they understood the superhero life and had lived it for even longer than him and some of the heroes here today. 

Percy smiled, "Yeah! Totally! I'll see you at school right?" 

Peter suddenly was over washed with the sense that he would be seeing a lot more of Percy and the other demigods, perhaps much more than any of the other avengers. "Yes. Absolutely,"

Percy smiled wide and bright, but it still held that air of defiance and trouble. Peter wondered if he could ever look so flawlessly powerful and confident. Probably not. 

Annabeth pipped up then, "Thor, you're going to send me those Norse books still right? I got a cousin and I need to be sure I have my head on my shoulders when it comes to this stuff," 

Thor beamed, "Yes, of course! Perhaps I know of this cousin?" 

"I don't know, maybe?" Annabeth shrugged. 

Tony and Steve stepped up on either side of Peter now, both holding a fond expression that Peter had seen directed at him many times. 

"Don't be strangers, we owe you guys, and we'd like to pay our dues," Steve shoved his hands in his pockets. 

Tony ripped the sunglasses off his face and looked between the group, "I'm not good at this kind of thing, but thanks. Me and the kid," he wrapped an arm around Peter and yanked him close, "we really appreciate the help,"

"Again, we're sorry for being so nosy," Natasha apologized for all of them, and suddenly it felt as if they were losing friends. Peter wondered when they all came to consider each other friends. 

"No biggie. I'll see you at school, Pete!" Percy cheered, and began following the others out the door. 

"Ciao," Nico gave a two finger salute before he wrapped and arm around Will's waist then shadows seemed to swallow him away. 

"That will never not be creepy," Tony mumbled. 

"See you for lunch, Annabeth!" Natasha waved, and Annabeth pointed at her before meeting Percy who waited at the door for her. 

Then they were gone. 

"It almost feels like a fever dream," Bruce mumbled as they all stared at the doorway from which the demigods had left. 

Peter inhaled sharply, "Yeah, but we made some cool new friends. And perhaps school won't be so boring now..." 

Tony laughed loudly, and Steve shook his head, "You should focus on your studies while your young and capable. Hero work will always be around, but your youth won't," Steve chided. 

But for Peter, it went in one ear and out the other. He had just seen an example in the demigods that he could be both. He could make a life for himself and be a hero...now to just find the balance...maybe he could ask Annabeth for tips?

~Short I know. But hopefully worth it? I wasn't sure how to finish this for the longest time, but I figured an open ending in case I do a sequel or a spin off based around Peter!~

~Thank you to everyone who stuck around to see how this thing ended. Hopefully my old ass middle school beginnings weren't to hard to understand or make it through!~

~Until next time~

~BYE~