-Chapter Twenty-

Peter Parker pov

Peter wasn't entirely sure what to think of all the demigods standing before him, nor the loud banging from the floorboards below.

"Eidolons? Again? I thought we got rid of these bastards in Rome!" the Latino boy named Leo quipped as his fingers rapidly shifted around some mechanical part.

"Apparently not, they found another loophole, they possessed some of the Avengers, which means we can't hurt them," Frank sighed, the blond boy with glasses stepped up next.

"You said Percy led them away? That seems dangerous..."

Annabeth groaned, "I know, but its all we could do till you got here. Now that we have Piper, we're hoping she can charmspeak the eidolons out of them before things get worse."

The Avengers joined the conversation, and a quick plan was formed, far too soon for Peter's taste, it went time. His job, backup.

Peter crawled on the ceiling above the Avengers as they searched for Percy, the wreckage more than enough to tell them they were in the right place. That's when a goldened eyed Steve stepped out, his chest heaving and hands were bloody.

"Steve? It's me, Bucky...come on, wake up...push that monster out of your head," Bucky stepped towards Steve. The gold eyes locked onto Bucky's figure, unwavering and clearly not Steve.

The plan, get them away from each other and evict them one by one for the safest outcome. Steve was the first. Slowly, the Avengers team backed up, prompting the eidolon-Steve to move forward.

A chase, Annabeth said they loved the chase. Slowly they turned and ran, some veering into opposite hallways, but they knew the eidolon would follow Bucky. 

Peter was quick to keep up and follow Bucky's movements. Eidolon-Steve followed Bucky and it was everything Peter could do to not jump off the wall. His Spidey-sense was going nuts and he couldn't even believe how much the eidolons messed with it. 

"Steve! Please!" Bucky shouted as he dodged a punch and curved down another hall, Peter was quick to web up the exit behind them before he followed Steve and Bucky into a room. The second he crawled through the doorway, it was slammed shut. 

Peter flipped into action, he wrapped Steve in a tight and full layer of webbing. Bucky and Peter were quick to shove him backward, where Steve landed on his back with a hard thump. That was when the Piper girl emerged from the closet, a smirk on her face. 

Eidolon-Steve's eyes flashed gold, "No....no. NO! NO! NO!" he began thrashing and Piper was quick to intervene. Her voice filled with so much sway that Peter wanted to do anything she said. 

"You will leave his body and never seek another host. Find some hole in the darkest and deepest pit in Tartarus and stay there. Live out eternity as a ghost," Peter shivered and suddenly Steve stopped thrashing, he blinked rapidly and looked really confused. 

"Buck?" 

Bucky smiled and softly knocked his fist into Steve's shoulder, "Yeah, punk, it's me. Some weird greek ghosty thing had you possessed. Don't do it again, hear me?" 

Steve looked confused but chuckled nonetheless, "I'll do my best, Buck," 

"One down! Three to go!" Piper quipped as she appeared next to Peter. He chuckled uneasily. 

Natasha Romanoff's POV

Nat crept down another hall, Clint directly at her side. Their plan was to get Sam and Rhodey away from each other. Easier said than done.