-Chapter Nine-

Nico di Angelo 

Percy stared at Nico with such bewilderment that Nico even began to doubt himself.

"So your telling me that the star spangled guy, named Steve Rogers, is a hero named Captain America, and that he was frozen in ice for seventy plus years?" Percy asked slowly making sure to annunciate his words, Nico nodded and rolled his eyes. He knew that Percy wasn't nearly done asking questions, but he really didn't like sitting out in the park. In the open when Tony Stark was tracking them. 

"That the guy with the weird metal arm lived with Rogers back in the 1940's and was a war veteran with him? So how did he survive? He wasn't frozen in the ice? Also why on earth did Iron guy tell everyone he was iron guy? That was a dumb move, even I know better than to do that. Another question is when did bird guy show up? I'm just curious." Percy would have continued, but he was cut off by Nico..growling. 

"Percy, Barnes, or as you dubbed him metal arm guy, was captured by the villain group hydra. He was brainwashed, and kept frozen till he escaped. Tony Stark told the world he was Iron Man because...well, I believe it was because he was dying. Then Falcon joined Captain Rogers when he was trying to take down SHIELD." Nico rambled this off as if it was common knowledge. Percy just continued to stare at Nico, looking completely lost. 

"How in hades do you know all of that?" Percy shook his head in confusion. 

"Because Percy, unlike you, I kept in touch with my surroundings. It helps, but I understand why you may not be so in tune with the media. Seeing as you have been under a rock for almost seven years now." Nico looked at his black painted nails, one was chipping. He was sort of glad, Will got bored and would often paint Nico's nails to keep himself occupied. (After Will had painted his own nails, obviously, he like to show off.) Nico rolled his eyes, and looked back to Percy. Who had just seemed to catch sight of black polish on Nico's nails.

"Did you-" Percy dropped his sentence, and his hand(which was pointing at Nico's nails) once he caught sight of the glare Nico was giving him. "um..nevermind, but why are these guys so interested in me. All I wanted was ice cream, and of course, with my luck I got grabbed. These two guys showed up, then the rest you know." Percy threw his hands up, as he continued to just sit in the grass. Nico noticed he wasn't moving his right arm much, and he had a high suspicion that it got dislocated.

"Its probably the same as to why monsters are so attracted to you, you are really powerful. Imagine it as a giant magnet, it just draws everything in. Now they are curious. They also saw my face, so thanks to you and your girlfriend the Avengers are hunting the both of us!" Nico yelled, as he began pacing. He was walking in big oval shape as he paced. 

"Neeks, it'll be okay. We can just go to camp, they can't get in there." Percy shrugged, only to hear Nico groan in aggravation.

"As nice as that would be Thor can get in the camp, he's a god." Nico finally sat down hard on the grass, and placed his face into his hands. All he could think was "How does Jackson always pull people into his madness?"

Both sat there trying to figure out what they should do when Nico's phone began to ring, he scowled as he read the name Annabeth Chase on the caller ID.

"Hello?" Nico asked grumpily, Percy frowned as he looked up and saw Nico on the phone.

"Nico? Are you with Percy? Please tell me he's okay." Annabeth asked worriedly.

"He's fine. Almost got himself killed again, but he's fine. Anyway where are you, i'll shadow travel me and Jackson there?" Nico looked around the park, hoping that maybe she was close that way he didn't have to, and he could just straight back to camp with Will. 

"I..um..can't tell you, I have people following me, and I have a strong feeling that they are the same guys you know." Annabeth's voice was tight, and strung-out. Now that Nico was paying attention, he could hear the exhaustion in her voice. Which immediately made him go into battle mode, he waved for Percy to come over. He pushed himself off the ground, and looked at Nico confused.

"Its your girlfriend. Talk." Nico thrust the phone into Percys hands, who quickly put the phone to his ear.

"Wise girl? What's going on? Are you out of breath?" Percy paused as if he was listening to Annabeth talk, Nico watched his eyes get increasingly wider, and the worry soon completely glossed over. "Where are you? I'm coming there now...No way. I'm not letting you fight them on your own, and no its not because I don't have faith in you. I have every bit of faith in you, I'm gonna make sure you don't hurt them to badly." Percy cracked a smile, and Nico rolled his eyes. They were honestly disgusting with how much they love each other.

"I'm right around the corner, I'm coming." Percy handed the phone to Nico, who was scouting the park for anything dangerous. Percy began to tell him what Annabeth said, when Nico locked eyes with none other than Captain America and Winter Soldier.

"Um, Jackson. We gotta move." Nico pointed them out, when Percy saw who Nico was pointing to, he choked.

"Lets go!" Percy grabbed Nico's arm and began running the opposite direction. While the only thought running through Nico's head was, 'Why does literally everyone hate Jackson? I even hate him right now.'