06 ✕ baby steps

jibeom was right. donghyun really did just go home.

they went to his house first thing in the next morning, knocked on his door. three knocks later, donghyun opened up. messy hair, tired eyes.

"where were you yesterday?"

"here?" he sounded unsure, probably just woke up. "i came here straight after school."

jaehyun's eyebrows raised. "you're not the one that sprayed over the letters?"

"i was?" donghyun held his head, leaned against the door frame. "i did. why?"

"why'd you do it?"

"because i... uh... my sister found me and scolded me and everything. she says i'm hanging out with bad people." he shrugged. "so i don't think i should go to that place anymore."

"so you're ditching us?" jibeom piped up.

donghyun shook his head vigorously. "no! i just... i can still hang out with you guys, just at normal places. malls and basketball courts. those places."

"what about today?"

"what about today?" joochan asked back.

"what do we do with today?"

"donghyun," bomin said, looking at him. "can you go out?"

donghyun nodded, no second thought.

bomin smiled. "great. let's go to a theme park."

he ignored the groans that chorused afterwards. he knew they wanted to move as little as possible.

but he wanted to make them all smile, at least once, that day.

its only been 2 papers its alr killing me