Epilogue - Mrs. Filomino

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

--- George Carlin

As happy as Lulu was, lying on bed that night, she couldn't help but remember her sister and how sad she looked the last time they saw each other. She still wondered about her belt and she decided to once and for all ask Katalina about it. She sent her a text message.

Joselito, in his room that exact moment, couldn't stop tapping the keys of his computer. After two years, he finally knew how to write the next chapter of his book. And his life. He would once in a while stop and smile, remembering Lulu. He could not wait to tell his grandmother about her.

Alexandra, staring at the little face of her youngest child silently cried. She hoped to high heavens she had the wrong suspicion about her husband having an affair with another woman.

Shelley couldn't stop thinking about me but she thought maybe Alexandra and Jaye were right, she should stop meddling in other people's lives. Namintana siya at tumingin sa malinis na kalsada. Naalala niyang kailan lang ay naglakad siya sa kalsadang iyon sa ganitong gabi, kung kailan maliwanag ang sinag ng bilog na buwan, hawak ang kamay ni Marcus. Her tears started to fall.

My husband was alone with his thoughts in our room. Everything seemed okay yet he needed wine to be able to sleep.

Isabella in a darkened room quietly struggled with all the memories of the past.

Si Katalina, habang binabalikan ang lahat ng maling desisyong nagawa sa buhay niya ay naitanong sa sarili kung bakit biglang nagtanong ang kapatid niya tungkol sa isang sinturon na nawala na sa isip niya. Sinabi niya rito ang katotohanan---na sa tingin niya ay may kumuha niyon. Nang nagtanong ito kung sino ay sinabi niya. Hindi na ito tumugon pa.

Sa pang-ilang pagkakataon ay binasa ni Lulu ang pangalang nasa mensahe ng kapatid niya. Iyon ang huling pangalang inaasahan niyang mababasa doon...

Yes, as half the world was asleep, some souls just could not rest.