Unconditional love needs to shut up

(biological age: about 3-6 months)

"Shut it up Maze!" Lucifer yelled from his throne. His hands attempting to shield his ears from the almost deafening sound. It shrieked so loudly, the devil himself questioned what he did to deserve such punishment. "Mazikeen!" He demanded once again.

"I'm a demon, Lucifer!" She hollered back, rounding the corner to the throne room. "Not a nanny! You shut that thing up!" She yelled at him before storming off down the opposite hallway to where the wretched sound was coming from.

Lucifer groaned aloud, "ugh!" He leaned forward, his hands covering his ears in a measly attempt to block out the shrieking. Unconditional love, that's what his mother had called it. Yes, well, unconditional love needed to shut the hell up. He groaned again once more before picking his head up, violently.

The devil stood from his throne, sauntering out of the throne room and wandering down the hallway. The screeching got louder and louder the further he walked. Lucifer questioned how in hell, the racket managed to travel down the many halls he took before reaching the nursery. He turned another corner. The cries grew louder and louder, the closer he neared the dark red door, which lead to what he could only call chaos.

He opened the door, almost flinching from the shrieking sound that echoed throughout the mildly lit crèche. A chandelier made of clear diamonds hung over the circular cot. The diamonds hung over the crib and the candles on it lit the room. On the opposite side of the room hung a large mirror in between two other small lamps attached to the dark walls. The circular white crib stood out amongst the dark decor, it held a cream fluffy mattress with pillows around the edges. In the middle of all of the fluffy pillows was a grey blanket and wrapped under the blankie was... It.

"Oh, there you are, the source of all this racket!" Lucifer remarked, shutting the door behind him

"Oh, there you are, the source of all this racket!" Lucifer remarked, shutting the door behind him. He approached the circular crib until he was standing only a foot away. Blue eyes gazed up at him, locking its eyes with Lucifers almost black eyes. The child's whinging died down and turned to soft mewling the moment it saw him. 

Dark eyes scanned over the child, "hmm... no terrible smell, you were fed not to long ago, you have your blankie, it's not dark.. So what do you want little devil?" he interrogated, rattling his brain for an answer to this problem. Suddenly, an idea sprouted from the devil's mind and he leaned directly over the baby, bracing his hands on the bars so he wouldn't fall forward, he smirked, "did you have a nightmare, my little shadow?" He whispered softly, morphing his clear human skin into a blazing red, his eyes following suit. The baby jumped a bit in shock before continuing its stare off with the lord of hell, tiny giggles of joy erupting from the small body. He sighed, leaning back away from the crib and walking a few steps away, the child began crying the moment it lost sight of Lucifer.

His eyebrows furrowed and he spun back around. Stepping forward, the cries died down, stepping backwards, the cries got louder, he repeated this three times but each time ending the same. Lucifer walked closer so he was once again peering over the edge of the crib above the child. The infant clapped at him with its small pudgy hands. He cocked his head, "guess you just wanted to see dear old dad then..." he mused, it continued clapping its hands at him as he made weird waving hand motions to the infant. It continued clapping more determinedly at him and began mewling when he drew his hands back. Another idea popped into his head, "oh," he gapped.

She wasn't clapping, she was reaching...

The reaching and mewling continued. He sighed, "fine," reaching over and placing one hand beneath the child's back and the other cradling the neck, the blankie wrapped around the small body so it couldn't squirm. He picked the infant up, lightly bringing the small body to his chest. Lucifer gasped at the feeling of the small head resting over his heart. Changing the child's position so it was lying parallel to Lucifer, head still on his heart. Subconsciously, Lucifer began to sway with the child looking up at him, "An attention seeker. Guess the metaphorical apple doesn't fall far from the analogous tree," Satan said lightly, sitting down in an armchair opposite the cot.

He stroked the red cheeks of the infant, lightly, with the back of his pointer finger. Steel blue eyes stared at him, pudgy hands grabbing at the blankie, tiny lips pursed as it began gnawing at the grey blankie. He peered down at the child, "I guess you're not so horrible once you shut your mouth, my little devil spawn,"

"Although, 'devil spawn' is not exactly a good name, definitely need to change that, don't we my little shadow?" Lucifer cooed, brushing the little sprouts of hair to the other side. "After all the princess of darkness needs a name like- oh, I know," he brought the child closer until they were practically nose to nose, a large smile present on his face. Noticing the child struggling to keep their eyes open, obviously tired from the non-stop whinging.

The Lord of Hell gazed deeply into his daughter's bright blue eyes, placing a chaste kiss upon her small forehead. If anyone was peering outside the door they would believe their eyes were deceiving them, here the devil was kissing a baby?! She gurgled, taking Lucifer back to what or who, was directly in front of him.

"My little princess of darkness, my little Tenebrae."