Chapter 1

I was running.

My feet were moving at the speed of light, or at least that's what I thought.

I was running through the forest barely missing trees that seem to just magically appear in front of me and tree roots that looked as if they just sprouted up out of nowhere.

I was running out of breath but my adrenaline kept me going . I couldn't stop.

"You can run Dorian, but you can't hide from me!" His voice rang out through the forest. "I will always find you"

By the sound of his voice, I could tell that he was close behind me.

Suddenly a rough hand clamped down on my arm causing me to stop running.

I was pushed unto the ground.

My heart stopped beating.

I looked up at him and saw him smirking evilly. He held up a gun and levelled it with my head.

"You're time is running out sweetheart" he said. "Any last words?"

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I was so scared .

Maybe my fear will kill me before he does.

"Well that's too bad" he said in response to my silence, his smirk widening. "Guess I'll just have to kill you now."

I screamed. It was the only thing I could do.

Pathetic, I know.

The sound of a gunshot pierced my ears and rang out through the forest.

I...