Chapter 7

"Your awake" Dennis said. " And you managed to break my grandmother's favorite vase. It was older than you , you know"

I stood up and looked down at the broken pieces of the once beautiful vase lying on the floor.

"I-I-I.... I'm so s-sorry. I didn't mean to break it I swear! I didn't even know it was behind me. I'll buy another one for you but please don't hurt me" I rambled out and put up my hands to shield my face from whatever hits they were going to throw at me.

There was a pause, until one of them said, "Hold up. Who said anything about hurting you?"

I timidly peaked through my fingers and looked at the guy who spoke. He was the one who stared at me in the hallway. He had dark brown hair and chocolate coloured eyes. He was breath-takingly handsome. All four of them were.

"I mean, I'm mad but I would never hit you" Dennis said.

I slowly lowered my hands.

"Y-y-y-you w-wont?" I asked, my voice still trembling.

"Of course I won't. I'm not a bad guy. Come on, let's get you seated" Dennis replied.

I wasn't sure if I believed him even though so far, he's done nothing to prove that he was a bad guy. I guess my brain wasn't ready to accept that yet. I've met way too many awful people in my life to just take someone's word for it when they say their not a bad person.

He taught me that lesson after what he did to me. He's the reason why I don't trust anyone. That's one of the reasons why I don't have friends. Well that and the fact that everyone either hates me, is disgusted by me or doesn't know me at all.

The four boys led me to their couch and sat on four chairs in front of me. They all looked at me with intense stares as if I was a test subject and they were trying to find out every single detail about me. I was suddenly very self conscious.

I held my head down, feeling my cheeks heat up from the intensity of their stares as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Ok, since no one is going to speak, I will" the one who stared at me in the hallway said. "My name's Kruz"

Kruz. That's a weird name. I like it. Now I can stop referring to him as 'the boy who stared at me in the hallway'.

"That's Dennis, Micah and Ryder" Kruz continued pointing at Dennis and Micah as he said their names and pointed at the one at the very end with dark brown hair and blue eyes when he said Ryder.

"You're the one who beat up Mason and his friends?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

He nodded his head in response.

"Why?" The word slipped out of my mouth before I could even think about it. But I did want to know why he intervened since no one normally does.

Mason and his friends were really strong guys and they could knock anyone out with just a punch to their face, but looking at Ryder now, I realized that he didn't even have a scratch anywhere on him.

"Because he was hitting you " he replied in a very sexy British accent. " I couldn't just stand by and watch"

I felt a slight rush of anger when he said that last part.

"Why not?" I snapped at him, sounding a bit more harsh than I originally intended. "Everyone else does"

He looked at me with his calculating blue eyes, then cocked his head slightly to the left.

"Well I'm not everyone" was his simple reply.

His searching eyes held mine for a moment until I decided to look elsewhere and ask the question I've been wanting to ask since I got here.

"Why am I here?" I turned to Ryder for an explanation since he was the last one I saw before going unconscious.

"Well, when I was done fighting those....imbeciles, you were unconscious and I didn't know what to do. I certainly couldn't leave you there and I didn't know where you lived so the only other option was to bring you here" he explained.

"How did you manage to fight them off without a single scratch?" I blurted out. " I mean, there had to be at least 8 of them"

Real smooth Dori.

He smirked at me. "I have my ways"

"Anyways, that's not what this meeting is for" Kruz said through his teeth giving the boys a look as if reminding them about something.

"Oh right!" Dennis exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, I'm confused" I said furrowing my eyebrows and looking at Micah who I just realized hasn't said a word since this conversation started. He had a bored look on his face.

"Well, there was something we wanted to talk to you about" Dennis started. I gave him a look urging him to go on.

"You are a very....how do I say this?" Kruz looked over at Dennis trying to think of a word to describe me.

Only one word came to my mind. Disgusting.

"...intriguing person" Dennis continued for him.

Ok that's not what I was expecting to hear.

"We've noticed and heard some things about you that has made you a person of interest to us"

"We want to propose a deal" Micah said, finally contributing to the conversation.

Kruz and Dennis threw him a look. "Way to be subtle dude" Kruz said.

"What? You were taking too long and this was getting boring."

Ryder rolled his eyes at the three boys and decided to continue the conversation.

"Since we've found out that you're a victim of bullying in this school, we've decided that we wanted to put a stop to it, in exchange for something of course"

"In exchange for what?" I asked, kind of afraid of the response I might get back. What could four bad boys possibly want with me?

"We want you to be our friend" Kruz said, smiling at me.

I chocked.