Chapter 21

After Kruz dropped me off with Ryder we began to walk towards the library seeing as we both had a free session.

Our walk to the library was silent. I sneaked a glance at Ryder and saw that his jaw was clenched and he was staring straight ahead.

I didn't dare open my mouth to say a word to him. He wouldn't want to talk to me, I'm sure of it.

We arrived at the library and went inside. We saw a few people sitting at the tables here and there but not much.

We headed over to one of the tables in the corner of the library where we wouldn't receive much attention.

I walked over to the shelf that was dominated by sci fi novels. I picked one up and  returned to my seat a the table with Ryder. I was a bit nervous to be in his presence but nevertheless, I sat down.

Sitting across from him, I opened my book and began reading.

After a few minutes of complete silence, I heard him sigh.

I looked up to see him running a hand through his hair frustratingly.

He looked at me with guilt and a hint of sadness in his blue-green eyes. "I'm sorry" he uttered.

My eyes widened in shock at his words. That was definitely not what I was expecting him to say. I was taken aback and could barely form words so I just sat there with my mouth open.

He exhaled once more. "I'm sorry for what I said to you earlier. I didn't mean the part where I said that I didn't care about you because I do. I was just in a really bad mood because of what Kruz did to you." He paused and looked past me as if replaying the scene from earlier in his head. "He should've been more careful  and I was kind of mad at him so I guess I took it out on you. And I'm really sorry"

I didn't say anything for a while and just sat there trying to process what he just said.

"You care about me?" I buttered out.

I saw the corner of his lips twitch upwards for a fraction of a second. "Yea I do" he said. "I really do"

I went quiet once more and just stared into his eyes. They were void of any emotion and they seemed to hypnotize me for a while. I wanted to get lost in those oceans and never be found.

After a few moments of intense staring, he finally broke the silence.

"So am I forgiven?" He asked me.

I stroked my chin and pulled my eyebrows together, pretending to be thinking, even though I already knew that I had forgiven him. I wasn't mad at him, just hurt.

I looked at him to see him raising an amused eyebrow at me.

I stopped my actions and let out a small laugh. "Of course I forgive you Ryder" I said.

A look of relief took over his features. "Thank you" he said, a thankful gleam in his eyes. "I don't know what I would have done if you said no"

I gave him a small smile. "I would never say no to you"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After school had ended, the boys offered to take me out to get ice cream.I agreed and we drove there.

"I would like to have the chocolate flavor please" I said when the lady at the counter asked me what flavor I wanted.

The boys had already got theirs and went to sit at a table at the back of the room. The lady gave me my ice cream and I thanked her then went to sit with the boys.