Chapter 36

Three weeks later

Ryder's POV

My ringtone blared throughout the whole house and echoed off the walls.

I sighed, annoyed, and paused my video game and picked it up.

Who the hell could this be?

My facial expression changed from one of annoyance to one with a huge grin as I saw the caller ID. I pressed the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"So nice of you to call princess" I said with a smirk on my face. "I take it that you miss me already?"

"Of course not" I could imagine her rolling her eyes at my cockiness. "I just wanted to know how Kruz was holding up"

Kruz had gotten out of the hospital a few days before. He was still kind of weak, seeing as he had lost alot of blood that night, but he was holding up quite well.

God knows that I was pissed at him for going out to drink even though we warned him against it. He thinks that we're too uptight with him sometimes but we have to be. Kruz is reckless and stubborn. Sometimes it makes me wonder if he even cares about the fact that he's sick and can die easily.

"Kruz is fine princess" I assured her. "He could be better though, he's still a little weak but he's holding up. Just as he always does"

"That's my Kruz. " I heard her say proudly. "He's a fighter"

I chuckled. "That he is" I said to her. " Hey, where are you?" I asked, suddenly curious of her whereabouts.

"Oh, I just came from the library. I'm walking home"

I immediately jerked up when she said that she was walking home. Didn't she know how dangerous that was? Her father could find her and kill her any moment now.

"Tell me where you are. I'll come pick you up" I told her firmly as I got up and headed to the garage.

"Ryder it's fine. I'm about  ten minutes away from home. You don't have to come for me"  I knew she would say that. That's why I went into my car and turned on the tracker to track her phone.

She had no idea that I had put a chip in her phone otherwise she would freak out. It was for her own safety though. Ever since she told me the story of her father, I hadn't been taking any chances. I had been trying to find out information about him but have come up blank so far.

"Dori, I'm coming for you whether you like it or not"  I said firmly to let her know that I was being serious. Her location loaded on my phone and I started the car and backed out of  the garage.

"Ugh, fine. But it's not like you know exactly where I am anyways"

I smirked as I backed out onto the road. " I wouldn't be too sure about that" I said , then I sped off in her direction.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Dorian's POV

"Ugh!" I yelled in frustration as the line went dead. This boy is gonna be the death of me.

'I wouldn't be too sure about that.'

His words rung in my head.
What the hell does that mean?

I shook my head and continued walking in the direction of my home. My mind wondered back to Kruz. He was finally out of the hospital. I had only seen him once but based on that, I knew that he would be okay.

He thanked me for coming for him over and over but I just shrugged it off and told him that that's what friends are for.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I had to.

Just as I was about to delve deeper into my thoughts, I heard a coarse voice behind me.

"Well hello there sweetheart." I, stupidly, turned around to see who was speaking. "What is a pretty little thang like you doing around these parts alone?" The man slurred.

He held an alcohol bottle to his chapped lips and drank the remaining liquid then threw the bottle in the grass on the side of that road. He started making his way towards me and I could finally make his face out.

He was hideous to say the least.

His oily, wrinkled face had a beard, or I'm guessing what should have been a beard seeing as there were only patches of hair covering his jaw line and chin. There was a orangish- red clour to the whites of his eyes. His nose was slightly crooked and he smiled what I am guessing was a grin, showing off his brown teeth. He ran a hand through his greasy thin hair as he approached me.

I began taking small steps backwards as a chill, triggered by fear, ran up my spine.

Oh shit Dori! Why does trouble always find you?

"Now, now" the man slurred again. "Where do you think you're going? C'mon, let's have a little fun together"

My hands were trembling. Now I actually wished that I had told Ryder where I was.

"N-n-no!" I tried to say firmly. "G-Get away f-from me" I stuttered.

So much for trying not to sound scared.

"I don't think so" then he charged towards me. I turned and ran as if my life depended on it, which it did. I turned and ran down what I didn't know was an alley that time. I stopped and realized that I was at a dead end.

Nononononono!

I heard a drunken laugh from behind me. I slowly turned around to face the man. He was standing about 4 feet away, and looked at me with predatory eyes.

He came towards me and just as I was about to scream for help, his rough, chapped, disgusting lips landed on mine. He devoured me hungrily as I squirmed beneath him. I tried to use my hands to push him away but he just grabbed them in one hand and placed them over my head then used his free hand to roam my body in very private places.

A hand cupped my breast and massaged it roughly.

I tried to scream against his lips but my attempts were futile.

I can't believe I'm getting raped and I can't do anything about it.

You're useless Dori!

You're pathetic!

You deserved to be raped you disgusting bitch!

No, no! Shut up!

Bitch! You deserve to die.

By that time tears were streaming down my face in rivulets. I started to feel light-headed and weak as the man started pulling the buttons of my shirt.

But before he could reach the last button, he was pulled away from me and my body fell to the ground.

I looked up and tried to make sense of what was happening.

Why won't everything just stop spinning?

Through blurred and dizzy vision, I saw a large figure punching another large figure. I probably could've identified who it was if I had had more time, but about 3 seconds later, I was engulfed into the darkness.