chapter 1: i woke up to a new world

Clarke's POV

I woke up screaming, my head throbbing, my vision slowly returning to me.

"Oh, good, she's awake," I heard someone say.

"You really took a hit there, C," I heard someone else say.

My eyes finally were processing the area surrounding me. I was in a room with walls a light shade of pink, the bed I was in had multiple blankets, and there was art work lining the walls.

"Where am I?" I asked slowly sitting up.

"You're in your room? C, what do you remember?"

I turned to my side and saw Bellamy with a cold, wet rag he was pressing against my forehead.

"I was on Earth-"

"So far so good," he laughed.

"And Mount Weather exploded-"

"Mount Weather? Do you know what you're talking about?" Bellamy asked with concern in his voice.

"I might have hit my head in the explosion, but I know what happened," I replied.

"No, I mean, we're in New York. You go to art school? Ringing any bells?"

"Art school? No, Bellamy, we're from the Ark. I think I would know."

"What's the date, Clarke?" I heard someone ask me.

"I don't know the exact date, but it's 2149," I said.

"C, it's 2018," Bellamy said removing the rag from my forehead.

"What? That's not possible. None of this is possible! If I go to sleep, then I'll wake up to how it was before. You all are not real," I said while closing my eyes. Except this time, when they opened, Bellamy was still staring at me and I was still trapped in the same room.

"C.." He said touching my shoulder.

"Someone call Mrs. Griffin," I heard Murphy say.

"Murphy, it's Abby. You call my mom Abby. And it's Ms., my father is dead. You know all of this!" I exclaimed.

"I actually go by Jonathon," he said defensively.

"I would hope I'm not dead."

I whipped my head to the door frame and saw my father. My father.

"This is all some cruel joke. You're dead! You were floated by Jaha, I watched you die!" I exclaimed.

"You hit your head pretty hard when you fell into the fountain, didn't you, pumpkin?" My father said as he walked over to my bed and placed his hand gently on my leg.

"Your mom is almost home, she'll know what to do."

"This isn't happening, this isn't happening.."I whispered to myself.

"This is happening," Bellamy whispered in my ear as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"You're supposed to hate me, Bellamy. I almost had you killed a couple times, once by my actual hand. You hate me."

"I could never hate you, C," he smiled.

"You call me Clarke! Or princess, or grounder princess, not C! What kind of a nickname is that?"

"I gave you that nickname when we were eleven," he replied smiling like it was an actual memory.

"I need to go home, just let me go home," I said weakly as I hit my head against the headboard.

"You are home," Bellamy said taking my hand and placing it on his heart.

"Do you feel my heart beating? That's real, right?"

I nodded as I felt his steady heart beat.

"You love feeling my heart beat," he said.

"I do," I sighed feeling some sort of comfort.

I don't know what is happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey everyone! welcome to my new bellarke fan fiction! I'll try to update regularly and be active with this story 💖