chapter 9: i want to run to you, but i cant

Clarke's POV

"When can I go back to school?" I had asked my mother.

"Maybe next week. You're doing very well, I'm proud of you," she said as she continued cooking dinner. I began to swivel in the stool back and forth, thinking about how much I missed everyone.

"I miss everybody," I said deciding to share my thoughts with my mother.

"Can you grab the salt for me?"

"Sure thing," I said standing up. I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed the salt. When I handed it to my mother, I swore I could hear another voice in my head.

"C?" Bellamy said walking into the kitchen.

"Do you just walk into people's houses, Bellamy?" My mother said, an attitude rising in her voice.

"Just yours," he laughed and went up to hug me.

"You smell nice," I giggled as I embraced the smell of cinnamon..?

"Cinnamon?" I asked.

"I've been caught! I made these for you..from scratch. I know they're you're favorite," he said handing me a pan of cinnamon rolls.

"Bells! You shouldn't have!" I exclaimed taking the pan from his hands. I placed it on the counter and snuck my finger under the plastic wrap to get a taste of the icing.

"It appears that I should have," he smirked.

"Clarke! Not before dinner!" My mother yelled. She looked like she was about to say something else when her phone rang,

"Hello? Right now? It's my day off, Jackson-wait, the results are in? I'll be right there," she said hanging up.

"What? Mom, family dinner," I said.

"Bellamy's here, he can finish making dinner. You're almost an adult, Clarke. You know this is my job," she said as she kissed my head. "Oh, and no parties!" She said running out of the house.

"Well, I guess I should finish making dinner for the princess," he joked.

Princess. Princess, princess, princess..I've heard that voice before. It was Bellamy's voice, but not this Bellamy's voice-

"C? You okay? Are you going to have another seizure?" He asked rushing to my side.

"No? I don't think so-" In that moment, a shooting pain coursed in my head. There was a pounding, but it wasn't behind my eyes. It felt like someone was physically pounding their fist in my mind.

"Princess, come back," I screamed.

"It's kind of lonely without you," I screamed louder.

"The bed feels too big for just one," I fell to the floor. It felt like my soul had left my body. I opened my eyes and saw I was still in my kitchen, but there was Bellamy. Except he was dressed in a more rugged outfit, cargo pants and a dark, leather jacket. He was sitting over me, stroking my hair. I didn't feel his touch, and I could see right through him. My body was screaming, my mind was screaming, but nothing escaped my mouth.

"Abby, doesn't know I'm here. Something isn't right, princess. I don't know what it is yet, but you going into this coma just proves that someone did this to you. Someone or something had to, and I'll figure it out, I swear it. If you were here, this would be so easy. You always know what to do. I follow your lead, Clarke. Who am I supposed to follow now?"

I wanted to scream, "I'm right here! Why don't you see me! I love you!" But once again, my mouth stayed shut.

"Anyways, I think your mom is back, so I gotta try to sneak out of here, but I'll come back tonight or tomorrow and read you some of the poems I wrote. I can actually read them to you because I know you can't laugh at them-oh my God, I didn't mean it like that, I want you to wake up! But, like, okay, this is really bad. I didn't want to end the conversation like this. I love you," he said. He leaned down to kiss me, but I still couldn't feel it.

I couldn't feel it..but I wanted to..so bad.