chapter 5: because, because, because

Clarke's POV

"Clarke..Clarke?" I heard. It was Bellamy. 

"Hey," I said sitting up and stretching.

"Your mom is a days away. We're going to figure this out." 

"Maybe..maybe we can't figure this out," I said grabbing onto his arm to pick myself up.

"Whoa, slow down," he laughed grabbing my other arm to help me to my feet.

"I don't understand what's happening to me, but it's been happening so frequently, that I don't care anymore."

"Princess, you have seizures that cause you to leave your body for days. Your imagination takes control of you and runs like crazy. You think you live in another world. I just want whats best for you," he said then continued,

"Oh, I uh, I wrote something for you while you were out." 

"What is it?" I asked.

"A poem," he said scratching the back of neck.

"Is it cheesy?"

"A little bit," he chuckled.

"Then just kiss me instead," I said taking one more step towards him.

He filled the gap between, gently grasped my face in his hands, and kissed me. Except this time, it was full of passion and rushed. Unlike 2017 Bellamy, this Bellamy was lusting for more. He must have realized, like I realized, we should have been together the moment we set foot on Earth. This was how we are supposed to be. 

"Bellamy, I need to tell you something," I breathed, breaking away from the heat of the moment.

"Mood killer, much?" 

"Being with Finn felt wrong, because it was, and because it wasn't you. I'm not going to apologize for being with Lexa because she did teach me what my love could be. I never understood what I felt towards you. I knew I loved you, but I didn't know that I was in love with you. You are everything to me, and if I lose you, I'll lose myself. I need to know if you could spend the rest of your life with me. Our timeline probably has a quick expiration date, but I want to spend every day with you."

He just looked at me and smiled.  

"Clarke-" 

"Don't answer just yet-"

"No, I'm going to because I love you. I'm so in love with you, Clarke. You don't know how hard this past month has been thinking that every time you leave, I might lose you. I can't, won't, lose you. It's selfish, but I want to be with you, only you, until the day I die," he said his eyes never once leaving mine.

"I never thought you would be the romantic type," I teased punching his arm. 

"There's a lot you don't know about me."

"Tell me something."

"I really want to kiss you," he said.

"You did that," I smirked.

"I really want to kiss you again."

So he did. He kissed me again. Except this time, instead of passion, it was soft and sincere. I could feel how much he loved me. This whole time, I had him-

"Clarke..Clarke! Not again, no!" Bellamy screamed laying me on my side. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're back."

"Hey, mom," I said taking in my surroundings. I was home..well, one of my homes. 

"You need to stop this, Clarke," she said sitting next to me. "This is affecting your school work, and your chances to keep your scholarship."

"Scholarship? I don't, I don't know what that is? Mom, I can't help this."

"Well, the doctors may have found a temporary solution," she said reaching for her medical bag. She pulled out a bottle of liquid with a label with medical terms I didn't understand. 

"A spoonful a day will keep you awake and hopefully seizure free."

"Wait, when do I get to sleep?" I asked. 

"You don't. As long as you are on this, you're awake and safe. There's always a risk, but I'm your mother and I would never give you anything that was dangerous."

"Okay.." I said still not sure. But she's my mother, I trust her with my life. 

She poured some of the medicine into a plastic cup and handed it to me. I looked at her. Tried to see if this was a trap or some kind of trick. But then I laughed to myself. This is my mother. 

I drank it.