chapter 16: FINALE

Clarke's POV (continued from last chapter)

"Come on, princess. You can't seriously consider letting Abby win! After everything she did to you, to us! There's a reason you love this world more," he said rushing to me. He grabbed my hands in his and said, "You love this world because this is the real me, the real you, the real us. I can't give you eternal safety, I can only give you my temporary love. We don't know how long we'll last, and we love that. We love danger, Clarke! The rush! I can give you adventures," he finished as he was now an inch away from my face. 

"I can give you eternal happiness," the other Bellamy said. 

"I've always wanted to be happy," I whispered. 

"No, Clarke. Please.." Bellamy begged. However, I let go of his hands and walked past him to the other Bellamy. 

"What is happening?" Murphy asked. 

"I don't know how you got here, but I want to go back with you," I said. 

"You're making the right choice. Your mother will be so proud," the other Bellamy said as he pulled out a needle from his jacket pocket. "We'll both take it at the same time, and then we'll both be gone from this world forever. No more heartache, no more struggle," he smiled. I looked at my Bellamy and saw a tear fall from his eye.

"We won't meet again," I said as a tear fell from my eye. Murphy was holding my Bellamy back as he began to try to reach out to me. I could hear muffled screams, but my attention was fixed on the needle. The other Bellamy and I lifted them to our arms.

"Clarke, please," Murphy said. "Look at what you'd be doing to all of us! I can't deal with Bellamy crying every day until he dies from a shattered heart! And yes, I realize I am being dramatic, but you are forcing me to be this way!"

"I'll count to three, how about that?" He smiled as I nodded gratefully. 

"One.." I breathed in.

"Two.." I breathed out.

"Three," the other Bellamy said as both of the needles were injected into him at the same time. 

"C..." he said as his figure began to flash in and out. Soon, altogether, he vanished into thin air. I just stood there like a statue until my body couldn't support itself and I fell to the ground. 

"Clarke!" Bellamy said as he held me in his arms. 

"Hey babe," I smiled weakly. 

"You chose me."

"You were right, I love being reckless with you," I smirked. As soon as I said that, he let out one of the loudest laughs I've ever heard him laugh. "Plus, life without adventure? Come on, you know me."

"This world-"

"I've already heard all of your speeches about our love and this world and life, so just kiss me," I said grabbing his shirt and pulling him to my lips. The spark had never left. I loved him with every inch of my soul. I only had left half of my heart with the past Bellamy in the other world, but it didn't matter. This Bellamy, my Bellamy, would give me half of his.