chapter 8: maybe i shouldn't be laughing

(BTW  friend-versary is a friend anniversary)

Clarke's POV

"Clarke, listen to me. What is the last thing you remember?" My mother asked me as she helped me sit down in a near by chair.

"I don't know," I almost cried.

"Do you remember me?" She asked.

"Of course I do."

"What year are we in?" She asked.

"What kind of question is that? 2017," I said.

"No, honey, you're in 2149."

"That's impossible-"

"Clarke!" I heard. The guy who's face was still bleeding came barging into the room I was in. I don't know what his problem was. 

"Bellamy, I told you to stay back-"

"I'm sorry but I can't do that," he said as he rushed towards me, cupped my cheeks in his hands, and kissed me. Once again, I punched him.

"Stop doing that!" I shouted.

"True loves kiss? No? It didn't work?" He asked genuinely sounding confused.

"I didn't know you the first time you kissed me, and I don't know now," I replied.

"Bellamy, I can't allow you to be in here," my mother said.

"Maybe I could trigger her memory, or I could just watch over her, make sure nothing happens to her-"

"You've done enough. Please, leave. What happens next will not be a pretty sight," my mother said kicking him out of the room.

Bellamy..what a weird name. 

"What won't be a pretty sight?" I asked but then flinched as my mother had stuck a needle in my arm an injected me with another medicine. My entire body went numb as I collapsed onto the floor. 

"Mom?" I asked drowsily reaching for her arm to help me up.

"Not now, Clarke. You're okay. You will be okay. This hurts at first, but that's a good sign. It means you can be improved," I heard her say. I could feel my eyes rolling into the back of my head as I was now feeling a pressure wrapping up my entire spine. I was not numb enough to ignore this increasing pain and I began to sob. The floor became a sheet of ice and I could not manage to sit up. I felt my mother strip me down and place on me a paper robe, which made me only colder. 

"B-b-blanket," was all I could manage to say. 

"Do you want to injure yourself more, Clarke? This is what needs to happen in order for you to heal," she said stroking my hair. My mind had stopped comprehending physical affection and touching, but I was still longing for something, anything. I tried to think of warm thoughts, but my mind was beginning to scramble. I could not make a full thought. But then, something flashed in my mind, almost as quick as lightning. A ray of warmth. Not a lot, but just enough for me to find a little comfort. Bellamy... Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy...

~~~~~

~~~~~

"Dump water on her, that always works in the movies!"

"Shut up, Bellamy!"

"Don't yell at me, I'm emotional right now!"

"I'll yell at you if I want to yell at you!"

I rubbed the sleepiness away from eyes and looked around. I felt my bed and I felt the pressure of a lot of blankets, but for some reason, I was still cold.

"And she's back again."

"Hey guys, how long was I sleeping?" I asked.

"About twelve hours," Bellamy said walking over to me. 

"I must have been tired. Why do you guys look so worried?" I asked.

"No reason, you just had another seizure," Raven said.

"Raven! It's so good to see you!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry I couldn't come sooner, but I brought you these," she said handing me flowers.

"They're lovely, but why would you bring me flowers? Oh no, did I miss our friend-versary?"

"Um, no, you just have been in and out of the hospital, having seizures-"

"What? Really? Huh..Bellamy, can you pass me my phone?" I asked holding out my hand.

"Two days ago you had no idea what this was," he said handing it to me.

"I think I would remember my phone," I laughed logging back onto my social media.

"C, what do you remember?" He asked.

"It's 2017, if that's what you're asking. I'm not an idiot," I joked.

"So you don't think it's 2149?" He asked.

"No, why? Do you think it's 2149?" I laughed punching his shoulder. 

"No, but-"

"I must have been gone for awhile, look at all of these new followers," I whispered.

"So for the past months, you have thought you were in a fantasy world, and now you have no memory of that ever occurring, and you think you've just been sleeping for twelve hours?" Bellamy asked. 

"You didn't need to put it into that many words, you nerd," I said. 

"I think I'm the one who's going crazy now," he chuckled as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"2149 though? You guys are too funny."

But the looks on their faces told me that maybe this wasn't a laughing matter..