-| 16 / "t" for traitor |-

Scott and Crystal put up quite the fight, but they were highly outnumbered. Soldiers swarmed from everywhere and had them surrounded in a matter of seconds. They didn't stand a chance and with Crystal's powers neutralized every hope they might have had otherwise had evaporated.

Despite expecting to go straight to the dungeons, the guards first took them to the throne room, which was eerily empty.

And that's when King Alastor walked in the room as if he owned the place (which he did, but you know what I mean).

“Back so soon?”, he smirked.

“Not by choice.”, Crystal hissed at him.

“You're royal, Crystal. You're not entitled to having a choice.”, Alastor rolled his eyes.

“She might be royal but, above all, she's human. Everyone is entitled to a choice and an opinion.”, Scott glared at him.

“Speak when you're spoken to, peasant.”, the King sneered. Scott held his ground and gritted his teeth.

“Don't talk to him like that! Just because you're wearing a crown you stole, it doesn't mean that you're better than everhone else. As a matter of fact, it makes you worse.”, Crystal crossed her arms.

“I've had enough of you and your opinions.”, Alastor shook his head dramatically. “Take them to the dungeons. Both of them.”

The guards that brought them in, grabbed Crystal and Scott from the arms and started pulling them away.

“Wait!”, Crystal called. Her father gave her a curious look.

“What is it?”, he raised an eyebrow.

“Let Scott go. Please. He didn't do anything. You're mad at me, not him.”, she bit her lip.

“Take her. I want to talk to Mr Harrow for a while. Then, I'll let him go”, he waved his hand and the guards started dragging Crystal.

“Are you kidding me?! No!”, Scott protested, but it was too late.

Crystal wasn't really surprised that they didn't bump into anyone. Lux joined them a while later, so whenever they came across any servant, she made them forget about it.

When they arrived at the dungeons, the guards stopped in front of a cell with a table in it. It was one with straps, a belt and all that.

The soldiers pushed Crystal inside and left her alone with Lux. Crystal gulped.

The older witch, casually waved her hand again, and in a matter of seconds Crystal was strapped up on the table, which tilted in a way that she was almost standing.

“Dont try anything. These are sprinkled with the same dust as you are.”, Lux sighed.

“You don't seem happy about that.”, Crystal remarked.

“What can I say? I like fair fights.”, Lux shrugged.

“How come you work for Alastor? You do that seem like a fan of him either.”

“I've known him since I was a kid. I've known lots of people you know since then. Andy, Margaret, Benny, your aunt Cheryl and your uncle Daniel.”, the pale woman said the names with a tinge of bitterness in her voice.

“Wait- you knew Benny?!”, Crystal's eyes widened.

Just then, Alastor walked in the cell and motioned at Lux to get out. She glared at him, in a way only Crystal noticed, and did as he said.

The teenager gulped.

“Did you let Scott go?”, she asked her father.

He smirked. “Yeah.”