-| 34 / heartbreak and failure |-

A week went by before anyone could notice.

Caroline and Phoebe were thinking of ways to contact Cheryl and Violet.

Margaret and Andy were celebrating the fact that the latter was free.

Lux had arrived at Daniel's kingdom and was looking for Tristan, who was nowhere to be found. She didn't have anything of his either, so she couldn't really track him with any sort of spell.

Cheryl and Violet were getting ready to continue their trip, unaware of the fact that Phoebe had no way of contacting them.

Crystal and Scott were getting ready for a ball that was about to go terribly wrong.

Initially, they were going to go dressed in their normal clothes but when the innkeeper's granddaughters found out, they practically kidnapped Crystal to give her a makeover. They would attend themselves, but they were grounded about something they didn't really clarify, and decided to make sure that at least two people, who were going, would have fun.

It all happened while Crystal and Scott were discussing the ball a few hours before they were supposed to attend.

“Did you say that you're going to the ball?”, one of the innkeeper's granddaughters interrupted them.

“Yes, are you?”, Crystal asked her.

“I wish! Grandpa won't let me or any of my sisters attend... We are grounded.”, she replied bitterly.

“What did you do?”, Scott narrowed his eyes at her.

“Long story. It includes dirty dishes, a cactus and a break-up that went really wrong.”, the girl shook her head bitterly. “Anyway, what are you going to wear?”

Crystal was curious about the details of how the girls got themselves grounded, but didn't dare ask. “Whatever we're wearing, I guess...”, she shrugged.

“No way!”, the girl covered her mouth. “Anastasia! We have an emergency!”, she called.

Scott and Crystal exchanged a worried glance. “What?”, Scott asked in confusion.

“Okay, so my sister and I bought our dresses for the ball before we got ourselves grounded, but they're just going to go to waste now... How about we give you one of them?”, the girl clasped Crystal's hands. Scott eyed her suspiciously.

“I don't know...”, Crystal muttered.

“It will be our pleasure, really!”

“What about my friend?”

“Right.”, the girl clicked her tongue. “Anastasia! Grandpa! Get over here, dammit!”, she called.

“What's your name again?”, Scott asked her.

“Teresa.”

“What do you want?”, another girl, presumably her sister, stormed towards them.

“She said she's going to the ball.”

“So?”, Anastasia tilted her head.

“In her current clothes.”, Teresa hissed.

“Oh, you're definitely not going to the ball dressed like that.”, Anastasia agreed with her sister. Crystal felt a little offended.

“Grandpa!”, Teresa screamed.

“What is it?”, her grandfather yelled from another room.

“I need your help!”, she yelled again.

Her grandfather grumbled and came in. “You have ten seconds to tell me what you want.”

“Help this guy get dressed for the ball, because there's no way we're letting him go in the clothes he's wearing right now.”, Teresa rushed.