-| 31 / back on track |-

The next morning, Phoebe, Scott, Violet, Crystal, Cheryl, Jackson and Charles met up at the street outside the inn to discuss what to do next.

"We're going to stay here.", Charles took ahold of Jackson's hand, who kissed him in the cheek.

"I was thinking of joining you and Violet...", Phoebe said carefully at Cheryl, who shrugged.

"Whatever floats your boat. We'll be heading back towards Alastor's palace to see what's going on over there. We got a... warning about something and we want to slow it down.", she replied.

"Great! I think...", Phoebe muttered the last part.

"And what do we do next?", Crystal turned to ask Scott.

"Uh... We'll make it up as we go?", he kept glancing at his sister nervously. Phoebe glared at him in return.

"Fine by me...", Crystal smiled. Cheryl eyed them suspiciously. Phoebe turned her glare towards Violet.

Violet suddenly found the sky really interesting.

"So... this is goodbye.", Jackson sighed.

"For now.", Violet put her hands on her hips. "Why do you want to get rid of me?", she teased them.

"I can name a few reasons...", Phoebe crossed her arms.

"Phoebes, you're scaring me.", Violet told her.

"Okay, that's enough.", Cheryl stepped in. "We should get going, anyway."

"Right.", Phoebe stared down at her feet. "I know you're not much of a hugger, but you'll make an exception this time, won't you?", she extended her arms to hug her brother.

"I don't have a choice, do I?", Scott chuckled and hugged her goodbye.

"Don't do anything stupid, because I'll find out and I'll come after you.", she whispered at him, then let go with a smile.

"I'm with Violet on this one; you're scaring me too.", he said, looking at Violet who nodded rapidly, a terrified look in her eyes. Phoebe ignored them as she moved on to hug Crystal.

"Come here...", she embraced her friend. "Take care of my brother.", she told her softly.

"I will.", Crystal whispered back.

They nodded at each other and Crystal rushed to hug Violet.

"I'm so sorry about last night, I didn't know--", she started apologising immediately.

"Violet, nothing happened last night. Calm down."

"But--"

"Violet, it's fine.", Crystal reassured her, making her nod sadly. "Cheer up!", she smiled at her.

Violet cracked a smile. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too.", Crystal told her, letting go and hugging Charles and Jackson. "I'm going to miss all of you...", she said, turning to face Cheryl.

"What?", Cheryl tilted her head in confusion.

"Won't you let me hug you?", Crystal said expectantly. "You're my aunt, after all. It would be a pity if I hugged everyone here apart from my only relative."

"Right...", Cheryl frowned and hugged her. "Be careful, will you?"

"No promises.", Crystal smiled at her.

"Have a nice trip!", Charles told everyone.

"Thanks.", they all replied at the same time.

"Don't die.", Jackson added.