t w o

We were quite a team through the first two years of school. I still hadn't made any other friends except you, but I didn't want to. It turned out that you lived few blocks down from my house and either me or you visited each other's house at least once a day. Even when either one of us was sick.

You of course had made a lot of friends with those chocolate brown eyes and that smile of yours. But you still made time for me. You were with me on the recesses and always walked home with me. But through the third year of school you were less and less with me.

"What's the matter, Luna? Your boyfriend doesn't hang out with you anymore?" this mean girl asked me on lunch break. I hadn't seen you on the whole day, but I knew you were in school, because our parents still thought that we were inseparable. They texted if either one of us had come sick or would have to miss school. I would've had texted you, but my mom thought that I don't need a phone yet.

"He's not my boyfriend." I responded as calmly as I could. These girls weren't worth of my time.

"But admit it you have a crush on him."

"No I don't. We are just best friends, nothing more." I tried to convince them even though, I knew it wasn't worth a shot. They wouldn't believe me, they might stop saying that for second, but they wouldn't believe.

"What ever." They said and left.

I tried so hard to think about a good reason why you had stopped playing with me through the recesses, but I couldn't think of any.