t h r e e

We were sitting on a tree in my backyard. We had planned to build a treehouse and suggested that for my dad and he had called yours and together we started making a treehouse. It was actually just our dads who made it. For awhile we had given them screws and tools, but after ten minutes they had told us to sit and be quiet so the treehouse would finish earlier.

I still had no idea how you were there, we hadn't talked for five days and next thing I know is that you come knocking on my door, saying that you want to do something fun.

"Matteo, how long do you think that it will take until the treehouse is ready?" I asked you, turning my head a little so I could see your face.

"I don't know, I think that it will take four hours, twenty three minutes and fifty seven seconds, minus lunch and bathroom breaks." You said and my dad chuckled at your answer.

"Wanna bet? I'll say that it takes longer." I said and gave my hand out for you to shake.

"Deal." You said and and shook my hand.

"You four, the lunch is ready!" My mom yelled from the kitchen window, your mom standing behind her. It was nice little gathering. Just the six of us.

Later that day we were sitting in the finished treehouse.

"I won the bet." I said and smiled goofily.

"No, you didn't." You answered and tried to hide your face that told the truth.

"Yes, I did. You said that it takes four hours, twenty three minutes and fifty seven seconds to build the treehouse and I said longer. So therefore I won." I said and you stuck your tongue at me.

Oh, how I missed that day. Just you and me, up in a treehouse. No worries at all.