f o u r

I had drawn more and more after the third year of school. You had stopped coming to our house on weekends and walking with me to school. We were in the same class to the third grade, but in the fourth grade, we were separated. Teachers couldn't see that you were my only friend. The fourth year was special to me even if you didn't know anything that was happening to me. I got my first phone. It wasn't the newest smart phone, but it had a camera and that was all that mattered. I didn't need to carry that little camera with me to everywhere, just to get the perfect picture that I would later paint.

You didn't know this, but I secretly took pictures of you while you were laughing and smiling. I just couldn't help it, you were my favorite thing to draw and paint. I had a wall dedicated to my drawings in my room. At least twenty percents of it was covered by you. My parents thought that it was cute to have your pictures on my walls. We were best friends in their eyes.

It was stormy weather, and you were the only one who knew how much I was scared of thunder. My parents weren't home and even though I didn't knew it yet, you were running up the hill just to make sure I was fine.

You knocked the door with our secret knock, just to make sure that I knew it was you. I opened the door really quickly and after you were inside I quickly closed it. I was scared that the lightning would get inside. Now that I think about it, I was either really scared or stupid at that time. But you didn't laugh at me, you just pulled me in a big hug and whispered to my ear that it was going to be okay.

We decided to do a massive fort from all the blankets we could found. We would've had watched a movie, but my dad had said that it wasn't safe to have electricity plugged in. I fell asleep in the fort, in your arms, but it didn't seem that you were bothered by it.