33

+ 33 +

As soon as I finished sulking in the alleyway inside of Luke's embrace I broke free from his warm arms and stood up in a split second. My sudden actions made Luke question my sanity as I ran a hand through my damp hair, getting my fingers stuck in the knot at the tips of it. Luke raised an eyebrow as he waited for me to say something but nothing came out of my parted lips even though it was on the tip of my tongue. Luke ran a hand through his hair and stood up slowly, his eyes still red and puffy from the events before. Never had I ever seen Luke cry, it was sad seeing him like that.

"I know what I should do." I clicked my fingers from anticipation, my thoughts were all over the place as I looked at the confused boy in front of me. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was biting down on his lip-ring, wondering what the hell did he just get himself into. "I should go to the hospital, I mean I know Karen and I owe her my whole life since she was the one who introduced me to Michael."

"Then where the heck should I go?" He questioned, tapping his foot impatiently on the pavement, making some of the water splash onto my jeans. He looked down and ruffled his hair, to get all the droplets of water out of it.

"Go to the café, buy Molly a cup of coffee and you know, do Molly." I wiggled my eyebrows at him as he squinted his eyes. Luke then shoved me a bit, after knowing what my sentence meant as he shook his head from disbelief. He then chuckled lowly a few seconds after that, the sentence finally sinking into his brain.

"The last two words can be interpreted as two things, I'm not sure which one you are referring to." He smiled after that, the usual dimpled smile that people found attractive. I whacked his head and he was still smiling from the little pun I made. I crossed my arms over my chest and shifted my weight to my other foot. "Okay, ow! Then where are you going? I know Karen too okay and I need to see her."

"I'm going to the hospital." I stated, running a hand through my hair as Luke stared down at me weirdly. Narrowing his blue eyes at me and shoving his hands into his pockets, nibbling with his lip-ring. I knew what I was going to do would make Luke furious because he practically knew Karen more than I did. However what I wanted was Luke's happiness and I sensed that he would find it in the blonde that was sitting in the café, probably wondering where the hell Luke had gone.

"No fucking way." Luke objected, placing his heavy hands on both of my shoulders and making me slump down slightly from the weight. Even in the dim light of the street I could still see the bright pair of blue eyes the boy inherited from his parents. Someone had crossed the road and a honk was heard, making me flinch slightly from the volume.

"Lucas, you need to trust me. You need Molly and I need Michael. That's not too hard to understand is it?" I raised one of my eyebrows. Luke was biting his inner cheek and retreated his arms, making them drape on the side of his slender body. The sound of his bracelets clicking together could be heard, I never knew what they stood for maybe I should ask him another time.

"Well... no. But are you sure? It's getting dark and you're a g-"

"Fucking hell, Luke. I'm not thirteen, I can take care of myself." I reasoned. Luke sighed heavily, like he didn't want me to drive myself home even though I knew I would get to the hospital safely. The tall boy then finally nodded and walked out of the alleyway, the only sound left was the pitter patter of the rain falling down softly on the pavement.

Reaching into my back pocket I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, walking a bit farther so I could stand underneath the shade of a French Restaurant. A lightning struck not so far from me and I walked back slightly, my damp shirt sticking to the hard brick wall and I sighed. It was a long night but it wasn't going to end anytime soon.