□ passion

The sun or whatever heavenly body they had here in Asgard, had swayed its way down from the horizons sending the chilly night to sprawl in the midst of the dark forest. Crickets had started to tweep and every now and then, you could hear the hoot of an owl.

Loraine lollopped because of the sprain she had on her ankle and Loki trailed past her. He didn't say a word since they started walking, just a 'ride my horse' sentence but Loraine declined the offer and swatted his hand away.

She continued walking and counted the miserable things that happened. It's already sundown, they were in the middle of the forest, there's a high possibility that a monster might appear and eat them (like bilgesnpies) and they were far away from the castle! She might even have another talk from Thor! Great! It can't get any worser can it?

And just on cue, the clouds rumbled. "Seriously?"

Loki knew far well that Thor was making this. Maybe he was already disappointed, knowing that Loki and Loraine weren't back in the castle yet.

Another lightning flashed and this time, it was accompanied by the roar of a thunder. Then, just as she guessed, rain started pouring down.

The ground already turned mushy and muddy in minutes. Without thinking, Loraine suddenly stepped on a puddle and dirty water sprayed to her dress. She cursed.

But she felt something warm and thick on her back. She turned around and saw it was Loki, placing his coat on her. It was green and silky, adorned with fine threads. She hated to see something this beautiful smothered in mud.

"Take it back Loki," she ordered.

"You'll need it," he corrected.

Loki guided the horse as they walked. It neighed and flipped its locks, clearly annoyed with the rain too.

Then the rain became harsher and heavier.
"We need to find shelter soon," he adviced against the rain.

"I clearly know that!" She replied and picked up her speed. Then they ran and the horse galloped faster.

She didn't actually think she could run with her injured ankle, but she could.

"You do know you can ride on my horse," Loki reminded.

"No, I'm fine," she replied

Loki sighed. "At least keep my cloak."

She stopped. "How many times did you let my hopes up, and then trample it the next day as if it doesn't bother you?"

Quickly, something strong and firm held her waist and she felt herself hoisted up from the ground. She plopped down on the horse in front of him. She didn't even noticed him climbing back on the horse again.

Loraine opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"It bothers me..." He looked straight ahead, leaving her sight staring oddly on his chest. "Put your arms around me, it might be a little bumpy. I wouldn't want you to fall again for the second time," he adviced.

Loki whipped the reins and the horse galloped faster. They went deeper and deeper into the woods hoping to find something that could put a roof above their heads ---a village or a small hut, maybe.

"There, I think it's a cave." Loki pointed out. "We could take refuge, at least for the night."

Truly, ahead of them was a cave underneath a small hill. Tall and slim trees crowded the sides of it as tiny green vines hugged the surface.

The horse stopped in front of it and Loki climbed down. From the ground, he outstretched and gave a hand to Loraine, but she turned her back on him and lept from the other side.