2: The Introvert tries summoning courage like Bheem

CHAPTER 2: THE INTROVERT TRIES SUMMONING COURAGE LIKE BHEEM

Lavanya

"Lavya, he is calling you." Aradhyaa whispered in my ears. What ? Why is he calling me ? God !!! "Good joke" I hushed and she face -palmed herself. "Why will I joke, seriously he is." She nudged me using her elbow. Okay, so he is calling me. I don't have to be nervous. Breath in and out Lavya, in and out. If he'll ask something, nod or shake your head. Don't show your nervousness. One, two and three...

"What ?" I managed to say and oh no ! Why is he looking so handsome with his usual ready-to-die-for trademark smile. I can see myself drowning in his hazel coloured eyes. "Do you have pens ?" He asked and I rummaged through my box like a hurricane. Where are my pens. Why the fate, has sealed this day, where I will run out of pens ? Why fate, why ? I know I was a little overdramatic but that's how I am. Luckily I spotted a pen inside my desk. "Here take this." I handed him and he nodded and began scribbling something. I stared at him.

He was looking absolutely perfect with the navy blue shirt tucked in his dark blue pants. His hair were disheveled making him look incredibly cute. I know cute is not the exact word, but still. He was laughing and talking with his friends and I noticed that I was not the only one staring at him. Most of the girls were. He suddenly looked up at my face and I felt embarrassed. I am not the type of girl who checks boys out. Shit.

"Thank you Emoji girl." He said and I felt heat rushed up my cheeks. Gosh, they did not burned and I am grateful for that. Thank you God ji.

"Class so today, we will be studying about the theory of atoms." Mrs Kaur started her usual banter. She was relentlessly writing some thing peeking from the book at times. "So who will answer this question ?" She eyed everyone and stopped at a particular someone. Of course, everyone knew about it rather him, Utkarsh. She walked a few steps and stopped, looking at him. Keeping her hands at his desk, she inched closer to his face. "What is the answer of this question dear ?" She asked fluttering her eyelashes while everyone groaned looking at her. Flirt. Eww. Stumbling back and practically sitting on his best friend's lap, he tried widening some distance. The class was silent. As she was moving closer to him, I sneezed. God ! And the whole class turned toward me gaping. I noticed a sigh of relief flood over his face.

Squinting her eyes towards me, she aimed her steps towards my destruction. I am gone. "All the best !" Aradhyaa mouthed and I nodded. "Miss Malhotra, looks like you have not written a single word. And by the way, may I care to ask where is your pen ?" She said stomping her foot making the class shudder. I fidgeted with my pencil box and found that the pen I had, is already occupied my Utkarsh. "Actually..ma'am" I tried something but she glared at me. "Out of the class, right now !" She said. "Now." She warned and I moved out. Tears brimmed my eyes. This was the first time, I was standing out of the class.

Never be sad, let it be your enemy as you let X, a variable in maths. Be happy, the bad time will flow past you.

I remembered his words when he was pacifying his friend. He always had unique ways to make people smile and this thought also made me smile.

God, I love him so much !

*******

"Lavanya !! You are nuts !! Wish him, its 'his' birthday today." Aradhyaa squeaked at me. "But how could I ??" I protested fidgeting with the hem of my kurta. "I think God gave you some pretty little hands." Aradhyaa groaned.

Clicking on the profile of Utkarsh Ahuja, I , wrote a post.

Happy Birthday Utkarsh :)

"But he does not know me !" I said, still unsure about the stupid act. "So he will ! Beside, he called someone the Emoji Girl, so...." She trailed winking. Biting my lower lip, I tried to stop my smile. "Stop blushing And do it fast its already 11:55, his birthday is going to be over. "But..." And Aradhyaa clicked on the Send button. "Yes !" She screamed. "Aradhyaa, what have you done ?? How will he react. He don't know me. What if he ignores ? I will feel just like a desperate teenager." I tried putting some sense in my best friend's empty shell. "Chill bestie !" Aradhyaa told smiling.

"Bbye !" She yelled before closing the door.

My room is all pink and unlike a girl, I hate this colour. I love the colour blue, the one sky has but my parents won't approve of it. They still think, that girls love pink and boys blue. Cliché, I know but I don't know why they are so strict with me ? I follow their rules, so I can make them happy. Their smile always makes my day and yeah, its my lucky charm also. Thinking about it, I remember Utkarsh. He also can't see anybody sad. I know this because I have seen it myself. Yes, he flirts with girls sometimes, okay all the time but he is different and unique from others.

"Oh, so these are your parents" the boys laughed as Vanya's parents stumbled on the stairs. "Look, how old fashioned are they." Other said narrowing their eyes. "Hey, stop everyone. Are you all mad or what. Instead of helping them you are laughing your asses of. Don't you have guts in your system, morons ?" Utkarsh appeared out of nowhere and helped the old couple.

******

Someone poked me on my butt. Ouch ! I groaned and turned to come face to face with Aradhyaa. She really has the nerve to do something like that. "What happened, Arya ? Its 5 in the morning. What are you doing in my house ?" I shouted and smacked a book on her head.

"Have you checked your friendsbook ??" She screamed. "What happened ?" The nervous side of me reemerged. Snatching, my minion sized phone, which was the second best thing in my life, my parents gave to me, I read the reply from Utkarsh:

Tysm 😘😘

Black clouds surrounded me and my vision turned hazy. It can't be possible. From my peripheral vision I saw Aradhyaa saying something but then I closed my eyes.

*****

Splash ! I woke to the onomatopoeic sound and rubbed my eyes. "What happened ?" I muttered. "You fainted" Aradhyaa said and I recollected my thoughts. "You okay ?" She asked. "Yeah !" How can I tell how I am feeling. He responded. Maybe just maybe, he wanted to be friends with me. I know, thinking of any higher possibilities will gain nothing and I will just let my hopes crash. At least when I will be friends with him, I can know him. Today, this introvert will definitely gather all the courage that Bheem possess and let it be out in front of him. I will ask him to be my friend.

Heya cuties ! I hope you all are doing good. How's the update ? Do tell me your views and vote for it if you liked it. Bheem is a character in the Indian cartoon where by eating a sweet called 'laddu' he gains power. Here it is used to show that Lavanya, tries to gain courage tips from him. Thank you so much for reading.