8: Maths, here we come

CHAPTER 8: MATHS, HERE WE COME

Lavanya

"Where is the key ?" He shuffled through his backpack.

"Utkarsh." I called as he looked at me helplessly. I laughed at his face. He looked so funny.

I moved away from him and stood behind his back. Suppressing a laugh, I took out the key in one swift move from his back pocket and handed it to him. His eyes widened and he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Thanks." He said as we moved forward from the threshold of the house. I looked down where I was standing and saw a brownish doormat with a message, What's with the staring ? I chuckled and shook my head. Totally expected.

I looked all over the house. It was extravagant and beautiful. It was a two storey house. It had a contrast of white and brown.

He spread his arms and took a three sixty degree turn. "Well this is my not so adorable house." He spoke, his hand scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey, its awesome." I said my eyes lighting up.

"Really ?" He asked and I nodded. Sure it was. A sad look passed through his face as he spoke, "My parents are not here." Deciding not to press the matter further I asked him to show where we have got to study.

"This is your room.." I said in awe as he gave me a look.

"No, its of Adarsh." He said dryly and then laughed.

"So I will give you a quick tour here." He said and held my hand to assure that I follow his lead. Tingles spread all over my hand. He has this affect on me.

"Say good afternoon to Alia." He said as he did the same. Really, Alia Bhatt fan ? "Here comes my study desk which misses me a lot because I use it occasionally." He said making a pout. I noticed his leg which deliberately hit the table which shuffled a little due to the jerk.

"See its nodding its head." He said smiling. "I missed you too." He cooed and a quick laugh escaped my throat. So much for being adorable.

We both sat on our chairs and began solving some problems of Maths. My parents had to agree because Mr Pancholi kind of threatened them that I might fail if Utkarsh will not tutor.  They objected in the start but agreed nevertheless.

"Why do we have to solve them ? Its so irritating." I said after an hour.

"Because." He said motioning me to continue.

"Can I ask one thing ? Why do we always let x ?" I said pondering over the thought that was in my mind practically every night.

"You can let any other alphabet say p, z or anything." He said calmly.

"But the affect won't be same if I use any other alphabet." I said debating myself. It would look so weird. Let z be the number of bats. Ugh.

"Exactly." He said voicing my thought. "Now, don't waste time. Continue." I said as he played Temple Run. Honestly it was distracting. My eyes involuntary would move over the game and he would give me a look.

"That's not fair." I whined like a child. "I am not getting your full attention and its distracting." I said as he chuckled.

"Okay, now you have my full attention. Commence doing." He ordered and I happily sighed. Yes.

"I did not get that sum. How did we do it ?" I asked. He peeked at it and admitted, "Its so simple." I glared at him.

"Okay so that's how we do. First make the equation..." He was speaking while I was in own la la land. He was looking so cute while babbling and I totally lost my attention.

"Got it ?" He asked and I stared at him dumbfounded. He just shook his head.

He went to his wardrobe and rummaged through it. I noticed the smirk on his lips as he handed me his photograph. "Keep it. It will last longer." He said and I blushed.

"I wasn't looking at you.." I tried protesting. "I know right, you were admiring my sexy face." He said with that stupid smirk on his face. I had a strong urge to wipe that. "You are cocky." I declared as he shook his head again. "I just appreciate what I have." He said smiling triumphantly.

His stomach growled and his face became red. I laughed. "Bring some food." I said while he muttered "I am not hungry." "I know right. I am." I said and he nodded with his big grin.

I was waiting for him and decided to explore his room. A voice inside me said its rude. I debated myself over it and then let my inner voice go to smash for a while. I noticed his room was a darker shade of violet and was spacious. It led to two other paths but I decided against my urge to go there.

Suddenly someone came inside the room and I looked over to see a boy of twenty years of age. He stared at me for a while and then came over extending his hand. "Hey, I am Shresth." He said as I shook his hand.

"I am Lavanya." I said as he gave me a genuine smile which was all of a sudden replaced by amusement. "Are you Utkarsh's girlfriend ?" He asked and I felt my face heated.

"No. I just came um, you know because he had to assist me. I am not good at Maths." I said awkwardly and he nodded.

"Okay, well I am his cousin." He said and it was not long when I was more than comfortable with him. He just told me what a thoughtful present he gave to him and I laughed. But I still think it was gross.

"The food is here milady." Utkarsh emerged and spoke in a British accent. I looked over to see my favorite noodles lying in a bowl asking me to devour them. I mentally asked them to wait since it was not my home and I cannot let the two boys know I eat like a pig.

Utkarsh looked at Shresth and smiled. "You met her ?" He asked and Shresth nodded.

"And you know, I like her already." Shresth said giving me a wink.

"I knew you two would mingle together well. Let's eat now." He said and I was delighted to taste them who were beckoning to me till now.

Noodles, all the way.

Heyaa everyone ! I am so sorry for keeping this story on hold. I really hope this chapter appeals to you. Thank you so much !! Also a big thank you to thedreamsoul for the amazing cover.

 Thank you so much !! Also a big thank you to thedreamsoul for the amazing cover