10: Not so Discrete with your Staring Skills

CHAPTER 10: NOT SO DISCRETE WITH YOUR STARING SKILLS

"This looks so awesome on you."

"You've got to be kidding me Arya. It isn't. Its um, how do I say, not my type."

"And this confirms that you have got bonkers."

I glared at her and smacked her arm.

"Some non violent friend you are." She said shaking her hand.

"I know right." I winked.

After some two hours when the exhaustion took best over me, I clasped her hand ready to devour something and headed over to the local cafe.

"So how much progress have you and him made." She asked once we settled on the lean chairs, my eyes now finding the grandfather clock hung on the ceiling more interesting.

"If being tutored by him along with his super cute jokes and him making some pasta for me counts progress, then sure I have made it quite a lot."

"Hey, I didn't meant to upset you. You can share anything with me." She reached out for my hand, squeezing it a little as I gave her a reassuring nod. Honestly I thank God till this date for giving me her. She is truly a gem of a person.

"I know Arya. Its just, he looks at me as a friend. Maybe the previous days have been a little disappointing for me but I am happy. I am happy that I can at least be friends with him. People actually die to be in my place ? I am glad he considers me as his friend. Maybe it will require a little time but I am okay with that cause-"

"The journey of falling in love is more beautiful than the actual love itself. In this case, its him." She said cutting me off, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I blushed a deep red.

"I am not sure that one fine day he will reciprocate my feelings cause I am just average girl with plain brown hair and normal skin, two eyes, two ears-"

"I got you there stupid." She said laughing. "But don't ever degrade yourself. You are my bestie and you are amazayn."

"Really Aradhyaa. Really ?"

"I may or may not have gotten my crush over him." She said dreamily. "You will get your prince charming and then what happens to me ? So let me live with my fantasies where I elope with some fine looking men."

I shrug. Duh, she is Aradhyaa.

"Still Aradhyaa, I am not that good looking. You see, I have always wanted eyes that were Hazel, cause I love that color instead I am gifted with some shades of blue."

"I freaking love the colour of your eyes and if you speak one more word against my best friend, I will castrate you and then throw you down a hill and even if you're smiling while going down, I will pick you up by using my super natural abilities and push you down the chimney." She scoffed.

"Vivid imagination. I am impressed. How do you even come up with these thing ?"

"Guess what, here comes my hidden talent." She retorted as we exited the cafe, my mouth still half filled with the fries.

Weird, I know.

_________

The foreign looking characters smirked at me doing nothing but mocking me. Why do we study Trigonometry ? The symbols were so confusing. I twirled a strand of my hair involuntary, my teeth digging into my lip. Maybe just if this one goes to that side of equation something could happen.