7: Tutor Utkarsh is Ready

CHAPTER 7: TUTOR UTKARSH IS READY

Utkarsh

"Hey there Lavanya. Why are you so grumpy ?" I asked and she just sighed. "We got almost caught." She said to which I relaxed. "Okay, enough with that face, lets just rub it off okay ? Um, let's dance !" I said and inwardly grinned at the last of my sentence. I love dancing and I would love the sight of hooligans, that we would look like, to dance. Everyone is there and its just a minute left until we transfer ourselves to barbarians.

"What ?" She asked and I smiled slyly. "Sohail, put the music." I demanded and she groaned. "Hell no." "Pretty yes !"

The tune added to the fun and we made our way to the Pepi Bollywood number. I noticed everyone relaxed after our almost encounter with the Mother India, Lavanya's mamma. We did all the steps and of course, did the honours of funding new moves and I loved it. It was fun. I noticed her now a bit too comfortable with a warm smile on her face. It looks good on her.

The rest of the minutes passed as we bickered about everything we could and told her the new gossips. She listened intently and rubbed her forehead at times for missing this much. I am glad that she is coming school tomorrow. We all kinda missed her. She has that liveliness on her face that can quickly brighten someone, who's world is darkened. And not to forget about Aradhyaa, both of them combat to make the aura around them, full of cheerfulness.

We bid goodbyes to us and Sohail got a little dramatic as he hummed, "Kabhi Alvida na kehna...[Never say Goodbye].

As soon as I reached home, I spotted Shresth with a slight frown etched on his forehead, his arms crossed over his chest. "Was sup bro ?" I asked as I trailed my jacket on my right arm. "Where were you ?" He asked and I shrugged it off. He raised an eyebrow and I surrendered myself indicating by my arms thrown upwards. "I was at a friend's house." He nodded. "Why you look like someone who will pounce on its prey like a hungry, devoid of food man ?" I asked chuckling. "I am hungry !" He said to which I burst out laughing. He glared at me.

"I mean do you have a thing for food ? Its ridiculous bro, to get angry on such a petty issue." I snickered as he shook his head in disbelief. "You will understand one day, when you will be left hungry and then..." He stated. "Then what ?" I asked. "You will be hungry." He said in a duh tone and I grinned like a Cheshire cat. "You try to act like a you are witty but in reality the truth has its other colors." I commented and he pointed to the food. "Make it fast." He said and retired to the living room watching some wrestling video on his cell. He has a fetish for it, or something like that.

"The food is ready." I announced and his nostrils flared at the breathtaking smell. "I love you brother, you are the best." He said and patted me at the back. "Geez, I am not one of those girls !" I said to which we both chuckled. "Wow, this is called heaven man. Its just freaking good." He complimented and furrowed my eyebrows. "Stop it okay. I know you like it." I said and he being oblivious still praised it. Still, I have to deal with him. He is one annoying prick but an awesome one.

"Aye aye captain !" I said to my driver as he instantly stopped. "You lost somewhere ? My school is here." I said to which he bowed his head down. "Its just girlfriend, is asking to go on a date, and I don't have money." He responded and I suppressed a laugh. "Shit happens." I said and handed him some money. "Live you life, birdie !" I said and he nodded being obliged.

"Hello darling !" Natasha said as she swayed her hips and kissed me on the cheek. "Hello girl !" I said and she pouted. "You, a magician ?" I asked to which she mouthed a "why ?" "Because every time I see you, everyone else disappears." I said to which she laughed and patted my cheek. "Gotta go to class." She said and I gleamed.

Its not that I every time enjoy being the popular guy, it sucks a big time. "Hey !" Aradhyaa chimed and I instantly gave a genuine smile. "Hi" I said to Lavanya and she smiled. "Hello" she said and I caught up with the other guys. "Dude, this was the second line in the Google if you search pick up lines. I mean, do you learn everyday or what ? You have used it so many times that I feel to bang my head but the girls, are they seriously mad." Adarsh said to which I laughed. "Bad morning ?" I asked to which he stayed silent for a few seconds. "Yeah." He said and I flung my arm around him. "You parents fought ?" I asked to which he nodded slowly.

"Utkarsh, I am just fed up of their everyday nuisance. They would fight and bad mouth each other and I freaking do nothing over it. It feels bad." He said and I hugged him. "I know, when family a parts." I went into a little flashback. "But buddy, why destroy our happiness for the sake of them ? Let's party tonight !" I said to which he instantly brightened. "You are a life saver." He said and yeah, that I am.

Mr Ahmed swarmed around the room and settled on his seat. "Good morning sir," we sang our usual rant. "Morning, no need for singing. If you don't know, you are horrible at that." He said and I instantly smiled. He had a good sense of humor and that's what makes his class a bit lively. English, he is a master at this subject. "So we are gonna read the chapter the solitary mermaid and its a drama. It will contain dialogues and come on, it won't be a bore." He said smirking.

And believe me it was the borest class I ever had. Okay, that isn't a word even, but still you get the clue, right ?

The next teacher, Mr Pancholi came squinting his glasses. "Exercise 4, questions 6 to 18, I want them now. Any queries raise your hand." He said and then walked over to the seats. "Lavanya, I talked to the teachers yesterday and they said you are doing the other subjects brilliantly. Then why did you failed this subject ?" He asked to Lavanya and hey, is she that bad ?

I tuned over and saw her nervous, biting her nail and at times fidgeting. "No, its sir that I need a little more help. I tried at home but it all went over me." She reasoned and he sighed. "Okay, I will ask someone to tutor you." He said to which she brightened. "Really sir ?" She spoke unable to believe. A bit too dramatic. "Really." He said and ruffled her hair.

He sat on his dull chair and lowered his black rimmed spectacles, observing keenly, the class. I continued my work and honestly I enjoy maths. Its such a good subject and the only subject where I score good. "Utkarsh !" I bobbled my head up and saw Mr Pancholi reading me. "You will tutor Lavanya." He said and I turned around to face her.

Her jaws dropped and her expression was priceless. It would be quite interesting. "Yes sir." I said to which I know, she would have kicked herself. Dramatic girl, sometimes a total geek but yeah, it would be fun to tutor her. And I would more than welcome to nourish the tantrums of the drama queen.

Vote,  comment, share. Dedicated to Charmedone22.