5: Sweet Talks

Utkarsh

"Only one goal is left and after that the victory will himself bow towards us !" Aryan exclaimed as if he had done the hard work, loser. "Utkarsh I hope you perform your best." The coach said and I nodded over to him. I stretched my eyes to see over the girls and boys who were there to witness the game. I spotted Aradhyaa over there and she waved at me, giving a beaming smile. I too waved and she quickly mouthed "best of luck", and oh that was very much needed. I smiled showing my gratitude and she just shrugged it off.

I continued kicking and squishing the ball and until our team finally made it. They all rushed towards and hugged me squeezing the life out of my lungs. Even after the sweat, I mean, am I still hot after the match ??

"Here." Aradhyaa handed me a towel and I whispered a thank you. "So, did you liked the game ?" I asked and she yelled, "that was terrifically awesome. You are too good at it." She beamed and my hand found a way to reach my hair. "Oh, thanks a lot." I said and then I turned around to walk over my group. The coach gave us some tips to do much more better next time and defeat others with a good score. What the hell ! We just won the game. Disinterested, I looked over and watched Aradhyaa as a frown itched her face. I covered the distance between us. "what happened ?" I asked and she bowed her head down. "You okay ?" "I am, but not Lavya.." She groaned. "And now I kinda miss her. Its break and she isn't there. Usually we would eat there and slam some jokes and spend our day. Now the school seems long." She replied and I registered her words. "Where is Lavya ?" I asked the first question that crossed my mind. "Actually she is having fever, and I don't know how it came. When I went over, her mother told me." She fidgeted with her fingers. Maybe she is really sad. And Lavya, how does she not take care for her. She must have only done something, can't she be careful enough. Stupid. "Okay, so today I will greet her and give her some flowers. Hope she will be fine. Would you come with me, to her house ?" I asked and she cupped her mouth. "Umm, what ?" I asked and she quickly retreated. "Actually, Lavya's family is a little narrow minded. They don't allow her to talk to boys. And you going there, would be nothing but awkward." She clarified and I internally yelped. Won't I get to see her today ?Or tomorrow ? "She will be here soon, I guess in a week." She said and I nodded not before offering her to sit with me in the cafeteria, with Sohail and Adarsh.

Damn.

**********

"Hello, who is there at this time ?" She spoke over the phone. Her voice sounds so weak and I think I could imagine her as a fragile flower. She is so sick. Maybe I shouldn't talk to her, she was sleeping and I disturbed her. "Lavya, its the handsome." I said trying to make her laugh. I need to hear her laugh. My friend is in such a situation and thou its not that rare, but I don't know why I cared for her, this much. "Utkarsh" she gasped almost after a minute. "So you think, I am handsome ?" I smirked. "Oh." She said and I replied, "don't blush Lavya." She was silent and I could imagine her kicking herself. Haha, she is just too predictable. "How are you ?" I asked.
"Good."
"Liar.
"I mean I am fine."
"But how come your voice is so week ?"
"It nothing, you know a little weakness defines a lot."
"Have you had your medicines ?"
"Shit."

I heard some shuffling and then the phone was back on line.

"Thank you. I just had."
"Such a irresponsible kid."
"Hey, its Lavanya, not a kiddo or something."
"No, you are still a kid."
"No, I am not."
"So, I think not a teenager eats like a pig and laughs like a maniac."

I imagined her turning red.

"And what about you ?"
"What about me ? "
"You are too....."
"Searching for the right words Lavya, then let me say, is that handsome or adorable or..."
"Shut up, will you ?"
"Okay."
"Nice. I like you this way."
"What ? You like me ?"
"No, I mean when you obey my orders."
"Don't underestimate Utkarsh Ahuja. I do not follow anyone's orders."

She must be smiling now.

"Tell me, how did you get this fever ?"
"I somersaulted into air and then jogged like a monkey and fell into sea."
"Should I laugh ?"
"Okay, it was because... I don't know. How should I know ? It just comes, it doesn't gives a invitation for sure."
"So do not drink cold water. And have some oats and cereals or you may vomit."
"How do you know ?"
"I know the precautions."
"So who told you the precautions ?"
"Me. When like a month ago, I had fever, I knew this thing is just to nasty to go by his own. So I had to take care of myself and take precautions."
"Alone, I mean your parents ?"

Oh that was a sensitive topic. She don't know about them and I just don't want her to pity me. Like everyone said sorry to me. I know they aren't and I know they don't know the situation I am going through. Whenever I need my parents, they are not there. My life sucks and I wish I could get some love from them.

"My dad is no more and my mother dwells in New York."
"Oh."
"You don't need to pity me. I am okay for myself. I am strong."

It was like I was telling it to myself. Deep inside, I know I need someone, who can take care of me.

"I know Utkarsh. I am not pitying you. For the next time, I will always be there by your side. You needn't worry okay. I know every body needs someone in their life who can take care for them. You are strong, but you cannot be there for all by yourself. But now you have a friend. Trust me, you will not regret it."

Was it the first time, I hear her speaking so confidently to me. But the thing is that someone will always be there to protect me. Lavya. My friend.

"Good night Lavya. Sleep tight and be healthy. And yes I do trust you." I spoke and cut down the cell.

Heya cuties ! So sorry for the very much late update. I hope this chapter was good too and you liked it. There is a small edit, I made in the previous chapter. Lavanya likes too watch TOM AND JERRY. Okay so now do vote and leave a comment. And yeah, thank you so much Royaltyblack for making such a beautiful cover. I love you for this and its dedicated to you. Thank you for reading.