Barry Allen my Protector

Finally, my lunch break is here! After doing both my "day job" and "night job" both in the morning I am exhausted. I grab my coat and head to Jitters.

Normally I would grab lunch at Big Belly Burger but today was especially stressful. All I want is to see my girlfriend.

Walking into Jitters I expect to see her at the register but a strawberry blond is there instead. "How may I help you?" She asks not looking up. "A-" she cuts me off. "Oh hey Barry," she says in a peppy tone, "I didn't know you were coming in today," she tosses her hair off her shoulder. "Hi Suzy," I fight an eye roll. She knows that I'm with Iris but for some reason, she likes to get under Iris's skin so she tries to flirt with me every chance she gets. "I want a," I tell her my order and scan my eyes around the coffee shop looking for my beautiful brown-eyed girl. "And that's all?" She asks placing a manicured hand on the computer and slightly leaning over the counter. "That's all." I give her the money and a small smile. I decide to wait in my usual seat. Iris must be waitressing today, I decide.

After five minutes or so of waiting, I see her. She is coming out of the door from the kitchen. Her hair is up in a messy bun, one that she fussed overall this morning. She is wearing a stunning red dress and matching red heels. Her hands are holding a tray full of food and coffee.

She heads over to a table a little further down than my sitting area. Still not having spotted me she greets her costumer. Placing his drink and plate on the table I can't see her face but I see her shoulders tighten. I go to stand knowing that she is in distress. Standing I see the customer, a male in his early 30's, with his hand on Iris's waist.

Walking through the tables I watch as he tells her, "you know if you keep turning me down..." He lets the thought hang. "Come on babe," he says changing his tactic, "just one night. Promise it will be the best of your life," he moves a hand lower to grab Iris's rear. Iris slabs his hand out of the way pissing him off. "You little-" he stands up just as I reach his table. With my speed, I put Iris behind me and I block his hand which was intended to hit my girlfriend. "Barry!" She exclaims.

The man looks at me frightened then he shakes his head, "what the hell!" Moving to exit the table I grab his jacket, "you better watch who you talk to," my voice sounds foreign to me it sounds menacing, "and don't ever lay your hands on her again." I shove him away from me disgusted. I watch to make sure he leaves the building.

When he is gone I feel Iris hands on my back rubbing circles. "How long has he bugged you?" I ask turning around to face my her. She scrunches up her eyebrows, "he's sat in my section the past month," she leans her head on my chest as I let out a not so soft growl, "but he's never put his hands on me until today. You know I had it right?" She asks looking into my eyes.

Leaning my forehead down to hers I breathe in her intoxicating scent. "I know, but you shouldn't have to protect yourself against guys like that. Guys like that deserve to be locked up on Lian Yu." "I am glad that you were here though," she says standing up on her toes capturing my lips with hers.

"You know," she says pulling back snagging her lower lip between her teeth, "Central City has the Flash and I have Barry Allen. I don't  know which is better."

Thoughts?