Reader and Barry

Today is my first day on the job at the C.C.P.D. I'm an detective Joe West's new partner. "Good morning," a man dressed in uniform greets me as I am going in and he out  "Good Morning," I nod in thanks to his hands that hold the door. Smiling a dazzeling smile he tries to enchant me but my attention is caught by the Police Department. I've been in the department of course but now I'm not a student but a detective. "Detective [last name]," my partners voice comes from behind a beautiful dark skinned girl 

"Just [first name]," I tell him smiling. The girl standing before me is around my age maybe a year older. "[name] this is my daughter Iris. Iris this is my new partner." Iris smiles a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "I heard that your son woke up from his coma," I tell Detective West hopeing to clear the bad mood. With that both of the West's become a little brighter, "speaking of I need to go," Iris stumbles over her words, "I have to meet up with my um meet up with an old college friend and then I'm going to see Barry," with that she gives Joe a kiss on the cheek me a farewell wave and sprints out the door.

"She seems happy," I turn towards Joe, "and so do you. I really must meet this Barry," Joe smiles at me. Joe and I have been training together for a few months. Since his partners murder the department has lined me up for the position. Joe and I have grown close over these past few months. He has told me about Iris, Barry, his late partner, his bad habits. As I've told him about my late parents, siblings, and life before Central City. We have grown to form a bond of that of friends.

"Well he's coming in today so you will get to meet him," he tells me as we are heading to the Captains office. "Today?" I turn to him concerned, "he just got out of a coma!"
Chuckling Joe says, "That's Barry for you," pushing open the office door we step in. "Allen?" Captain Singh asks irritated. "He will be back at work today." Shaking his head over his desk covered in stacks of papers Singh sighs, "the kid is late to everything, probably will be late to his own wedding, and yet the day he wakes from a coma he decides to come straight to work."

__________________

The case Singh gave us is at a stand still the man, who appears in odd gusts of wind has yet to be seen since his last attack. "I hate to say it but now we have to wait u tip he decides to attack again," Joe say spinning a pencil at his desk. Leaning up against the windowsill (I have a desk but my nerves are all over the place) I nod. Joe flicking on his phone notices the time, 3:22. "Oh! [Name] I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about lunch."

I smile knowing that he is thinking of more than just this case. "That's okay I had a big breakfast this morning." Slaking his head he throws me my coat from my chair beside his, "Only one of us has to stay here go pick up some food and you can visit the last crime scene too."

_____________________

"Barry you really should allow us to do some more tests..." The doctor, Caitlin Snow, tells me. Shaking my head I think of Joe and Iris. "I need to go!" I glance around at S.T.A.R. Labs wanting to know what happened to the machine that was going to shape the future but I don't have time. "It was so great to meet you Dr. Wells," I say to my idol, a man now confined to a wheelchair. "Barry really," Dr. Snow pleads with me once more. "Caitlin," Dr. Wells warns the doctor, "Mr. Allen I would suggest that you come back for a check up."

Nodding I turn to leave, "Yeah, sure," looking down I notice the shirt that covers my newfound abs, "oh can I keep this?" I ask slightly bouncing on my feet. I feel so energized! "Yes," Dr. Wells says smiling.

Walking at a fast pace my stomach rumbles as I pass Big Belly Burger but for some reason I really want to go to Jitters, something is pulling me there. I feel as if electricity is running through me I am so hyper.