Running Away From Home

Patty Spivot

I fulfilled my mission. I caught the man who ruined my life. That is why I became a cop. Now I can leave. But if I completed my goal, why is their a sinking feeling in my stomach?

Wiping the foggy window I look out at the tracks. Central City quickly falling behind. I didn't care for the town or even the metas that rampaged it. So why do I feel the need to go back? My phone lights up. The battery is on twenty percent. And there is a picture of Barry. Closing my eyes I go back to that moment. It was our second date. We walked in the park. We walked past S.T.A.R. Labs. We walked every where, hand in hand. That feeling I got that day I can't shake. For the first time sense my fathers death I felt that I belonged. I belonged there in Barry's arms.

Looking back through the window I know what I'm missing. Barry. I choose to leave not just because I completed my vendetta, but because I was scared. Laying my head against the cold window I whisper, "What have I done?"

Closing my eyes I fight the tears building up. No one is in the cart with me but after years of playing the rock hard detective years are a sign of weakness. Opening my eyes I look up at the ceiling so the tears won't fall. Out of the corner of my eye I see a red flash. It was like something you would see when passing a light up billboard in a highway. My eyes scan the trees looking for the oddly placed sign. There isn't one.

My mind trails back to the night I was attacked by a huge gorilla. "Flash?" My brows crinkle. Is the train in danger? Getting up I look at the connecting cart in-front of me. What is it?

All of a sudden I get the feeling that someone is starting at me. Slowly turning around I jump realizing it's The Flash. "What the-!" My hand flies to my heart. He just stands there contemplating something. He stands about a whole carts length away from me. "Are we in danger?" I ask when my heart calms back to its normal beat. I then think of Barry in Central City, "did something happen!" I shout taking a step closer to the eerily quiet man.  When he doesn't answer I start to panic despite my instincts to stay calm.

"Patty," he whispers. My breath gets caught in my throat. That voice. That voice. I would know it any where. Walking toward him my hand go up slowly to his mask. Stopping before I touch his skin I look in his eyes. Seeking confirmation. My hands fall slightly at his eyes, but at the same time they are egged on. Pulling his mask off I see the man that created a home for me. "Barry," this time when my eyes feel up with tears I don't fight them.

Reaching a hand up gently he catches a tear with his thumb. "I wanted... no needed to tell you. Patty Spivot. I am in love with you,"  my heart starts speeding up hearing his words, "and I'll be damned if I let you run away from me." His hand moves to caress my hair. I stand there for a moment just playing his words over and over again in my mind. He's the Flash. He loves me. He ran after me. He's the Flash. He loves me. "Well say something," he tells me with a slight smile that doesn't meet his eyes. I then see the fear of a rejection in his eyes.

I think of what to say, but everything seems so trivial so I push my weight forward and press my lips to his. It's not our first kiss but it has even more electricity then the first. My hands go up to his hair, that is even wilder than usual because of his mask. His hands go to the back of my neck and my waist. Pulling back I rest my forehead on his chest. Taking deep breaths I close my eyes. "This is home," I tell him.