Reader and Barry Part 2

"Do you really think he can run that fast?" Dr. Snow asks Dr. Wells. I barley listen to his response. Tapping my foot anxiously I wait for Barry to step out of the van. For what ever reason I have grown extremely attached to him in just the two days that I have come to know him.

After the incident with the car Barry and I went back to the station. I didn't see Barry for the rest of the day for obvious reasons. I didn't know him before. So why should I already miss him?

Last night he stopped me before he went home with Joe and asked me to came to dinner with them. I turned him down not wanting to interfere with their reunion. I then promised him we would go to STAR Labs the next day and here we are.

Cisco's whistle brings my attention back to the van. The van that now has Barry Allen standing in its doorway in a very very tight red suit with a geeky hat to top it off.

Not being able to the giggles that arise in my chest Barry frowns at me. "Do I really look that bad?" When he gets no response he steps off of the stairs and close to me.

"This is the only thing they could find that wouldn't burn up," Barry whispers in my ear reminding me of his lack of dress in the truck. I feel my face heat up as he turns away from me and toward Dr. Snow who checks his suit monitor.

_________________

"So," I look at the man beside me. We are walking to know where in particular. Just walking to think. We just left STAR Labs. "So," he smiles at me. "You know," he begins, "you are my adoptive fathers partner. Don't you think it's a little weird that you would be hanging out with me?" He mocks.

Turning I lightly punch his arm, "I'm not the one who ran into someone at a coffee house then revealed that they had powers!" I mock him back. "Tell me what does the partner of Joe West do for fun?"

Looking over my shoulder I give him a big smile. "Come on I'll show you." Taking his hand I pull him the opposite way. "Are you kidnapping me Ms. [last name] ?" He jokes noticing that we are heading to the outskirts of Central. "Maybe," I tell him still holding his hand. "Why don't you just tell me where we are going and we can be there in two seconds flat?" Stopping directly in front of him I tell him to close his eyes. "First of all," I double check that his eyes are closed and I pull out a key and unlock the chain on the door in front of me, "that would ruin half the fun and secondly," opening the door I reach for his hand once more, pulling him in. He keeps his eyes closed the whole time making me smile. He trusts me, my heart flutters. "You can't stop worth crap. With your luck we would end up smashed on a tree."

"Hey! That's not fair," he exclaims with his eyes still firmly shut. Letting go of his hand I go and grab my favorite thing in the world. "Where did you go?" He asks with a hint of worry in his voice. He begins to peek his eyes open. "Uh uh!" I tell him giving him my hand once more.

"Okay now we are going up stairs," I look back at him, "here's the first one." He holds my hand feeling his footing by his senses. Looking at the man I can understand why the Captain puts up with his tardiness, why Joe took him in, and why Iris though she might not admit it has fallen for him. "And here's the last one." "Okay," he tells me. My back is against the door and we are both on the last step. "Barry," I breath. He's so close. Reaching forward he rest his forehead on mine. We stay like that for a second eyes closed just breathing. "Okay open your eyes," I tell him pushing open the door behind me.

Stepping out in to the chilly night air Barry looks up at the star lit sky. It's beautiful. "It's my thinking spot," I tell him. "Let's sit."

"What is this place?" He asks staring at the city below us. "It's an old Cinemark. They cleaned it out, ripped the seats, the screens everything and now it's just here. All alone. That's why I like it. It reminds me even when your the loneliest you can get there is still a whole world around you full of unimaginable beauty." Hanging my legs over the roof I open the tub of Blue Bell Ice Cream. "I usually store tubs of ice cream here for nights like this." Grabbing my spoon I take a bite. "What?" I ask as I notice his stare. "Thank you," he places a hand in mine, "for showing me this." "Thank you for trusting me," I tell him honestly. It's been a while since I felt I could trust someone with this side of me. I trust Joe everyday with my life, but this is different this is my soul my reason to live that I'm trusting Barry with. "I thought you could use this place to," I tell him handing him my spoon, "your going to need it if you become a superhero." Taking the spoon he eats some of the ice cream we sit not talking just thinking.