• Chapter Four •

>you'll never be alone,
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn<
|Dusk Till Dawn, ZAYN ft. Sia|

Derek

I was talking to Melissa McCall, when I caught Stiles falling on the ground from the corner of my eye. I hang up with Melissa and tell her we'll find her soon, running towards Stiles. I pulled him on my lap and caught his face between my palms.

"Stiles, please wake up. Please come back to me, baby, please." I whispered in his ear, caressing his hair softly. I could hear his heartbeat getting slower and slower, every second that passed by. I roared in anger, crimson red covering up my vision. All of a sudden, Stiles' yellow eyes shot wide open, and he howled loudly in pain.

"D-Derek?" he murmured, his eyes betraying his fear. I let my thumb rub his cheek and let a ghost-of-a-smile escape my lips.

"I'm here." I mumbled and looked at him with care. He tugged at the collar of my shirt and started crying, his painful sobs growing louder and louder.

"I'm here." I repeated once again against his ear, making sure he understood it. I want him to know I'll always be here.

"Please bring him to me. Please." he begged between his cries, and I could do nothing but caress his hair, desperately trying to calm him down.

"Come on. You need to be strong for your dad, everything's going to be okay." I murmured and he looked up at me, his eyes puffy and blood-shot.

"Promise?" he choked out and his eyes lit up with hope, trying to find some safety in my words.

"I-I... I promise." I nodded and smiled faintly, knowing that I couldn't keep my promise. I was lying, and Stiles would probably know if this was any other time, but not now. The only thing he needed to hear now, was that I promised. I promised him his dad, and I was going to do anything to bring him back to Stiles.

"Let's go." he said and got up, sprinting towards our bags and getting them all on one hand, throwing some at me. I catched them in the air and started pacing to the car, praying to God we'd make it in time. Time is our worse enemy right now, the only thing that can possibly destroy us in seconds.

I unlocked the car and got in, Stiles sitting next to me. I started the engine and drove the fastest I can, we were back not a long time after. I stopped right outside Beacon Hills' Memorial Hospital, and Stiles immediately ran into the lobby, asking a nurse if they had took in any patient by the name 'Stilinski'. The nurse looked at him sympathetically and told him he was in the ER, battling for his life. I entered the hospital and walked next to him, putting a hand behind his waist, just in any case he'd fall or pass out. We started running into the ER section, and there we found Melissa McCall pacing down the hallway nervously. She was biting her nails and looking around, as if she was waiting for someone.

"Melissa!" I yelled and she turned her head to our direction so fast, I thought her neck would snap. Stiles and I ran to her and she immediately wrapped her tiny arms around Stiles and hugged him tightly.