• Chapter Nine •

>but without your kisses,
I'll be needing stitches<
|Stitches, Shawn Mendes|

Derek

I couldn't take it anymore, I needed to run to my love, my perfect reason of living, my Stiles. I heard him crying, his face was playing constantly in my head, all teared-up and sad, and a voice was echoing inside my ears, almost bleeding them. "Die", it repeatedly said, making my love shout at it, begging the voice to stop. I started running with all my powers towards his scent, my eyes glowing red from anger. Nobody's going to hurt him, not my baby, never.

"NO!" I yelled as I saw him falling unconscious, his pants full of mud. I sprinted to him and put his head on my lap, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"No, my love, wake up. Stiles, please, wake up baby." I whispered softly in his ears, as his face rested on the crook of my neck. I felt his body stiffen up under my touch, and my grip became stronger, holding him so close he would barely breathe if he was conscious.

"Stiles..." I whispered again, gently stroking his hair and back.

"Der?" his sweet and low voice filled my ears with joy, like angels singing.

"My love." I mumbled, looking at him in his eyes, which were also glowing red. Wait, red?

"Am I dreaming? Did I die?" he asked and I breathed out a laugh, smiling.

"No darling, you're alive, thank god." I smiled and so did he, curling on me more.

"I thought you'd never come back. I-I was so scared that you'd be gone-"

"Never, love." I whispered and kissed the top of his head, reassuring him that everything would be fine.

I would never leave Stiles. For any reason. I was just too caught up in the moment to realize that my feelings weren't one-sided. I left because I was too scared that Stiles would regret this, or that he did it out of desperation. But now, now that I know he likes me back, I will never leave him, ever again.

"I'm so happy you're here." he muttered against my shirt and I sighed happily.

"I'm happy too, babe." he seemed to frown at the term I used and raised his head to look at me.

"Babe? Why babe?" he asked, but instead of getting an answer, I kissed his lips slow and passionate, making his heart jump up and down. We separated a few moments later, and I could see his eyes glowing red again.

"Stiles, your eyes." I tell him and he makes a 'huh' sound, clearly not knowing what's going on. He looked into my eyes to see the reflection of his, and was completely shocked when he saw a red reflection instead of the usual golden.

"Der, my eyes are red. What does that mean?" I smiled once I remembered what my mother had taught me about Betas with red eyes.

“Mates, Beta mates, are able to ‘draw’ power out of you, if you're an Alpha. If your mate is a Beta, his eyes will become red after finding out his love for you. It's a rare occasion, really, but it happens.”