• Chapter Ten •

>staring straight up at the wall,
counting wounds,
and I am trying to numb them all<
|I Have Questions, Camila Cabello|

{A few days later}

Derek

No... No he can't be serious. He said he loved me, he said it, didn't he? He fucking said it, why is he changing it all now?!

Don't be stupid Derek, he never said that.

He meant it! He fucking meant it, his eyes looked so lustful and loving for me, why is he doing this?!

Because he doesn't love you.

He does!

It was all an act, Derek. He faked it all and made fun of you.

No! My Stiles would never make fun of me and fake his love, I know him!

You know the old Stiles. The new one isn't like that.

No, no, he can't be doing this to me...

I take his letter, now full of tears, in my hands again and start mumbling its words outloud again. I can't handle it, tears start rolling down my cheeks by only the first words.

... just know that now, you'll probably be happier without me.

How can he say that? How can he possibly believe that I'd be happier without him? How... how can he thing that I can live without him? How?

Yours,
Stiles

Yours. Mine. Just mine, love. Come back and be mine.

Come back...

Stiles

We were on our way to... Brooklyn? Washington? I don't even remember where to, when I felt my heart clench, like I was having a panic attack again. My ears started hurting like they'd bleed, Derek's voice echoed through my head.

Just mine, love. Come back and be mine.

Derek? Is that Derek, is he trying to communicate with me? I closed my eyes and thought of him; an image popped up in my head immediately. Derek leaning against the wall, sitting on the floor with his knees up to his chin. Tears had stained his flushed cheeks and puffy eyes, his whole body was trembling like a little child's having spasms.