|We're Equal Now| Merman Ja'far x Reader

The summer sea air filled the woman's senses as she sat on the rocking boat. Her father had sent her on a small fisher boat to, by chance, catch more fish. (Y/N)'s family is poor, so she willingly went out to sea in an attempt to aid her family.
Hours had gone by, and she was feeling hopeless.
'Am I doing something wrong?', she thought to herself, sighing in defeat. 'Dad should know not to send me our during this time...nothing is biting!', (Y/N) thought to herself.
As the woman went to bring in the net, a surging force rammed into the mesh work, nearly tipping the vessle over.
"What the hell?", (Y/N) said aloud, griping onto the sides of the boat. She stared at the splashing water, thoughts racing through her mind.
'How big is this fish?', 'What species of fish could it be?', 'These waters normally only have trout.'
Suddenly, a hand shot out from the water.
"A hand? A person? A person!", the woman said, rushing to help the being. "Hold on! I'll help! Just hold still!"
The splashing slowly diminished. As (Y/N) attempted to undo the net, she looked at the being, and in astonishment, dropped the net.
Tangled up in mesh, was a human, fish hybrid.
'A mermaid?', she thought to herself. The creature looked nervous, and slightly scared.
"Uh... I don't know if you can understand me, but if you'll let me, I can help you.", the woman offered.
The mermaid softened it's featres, and gave a small smile.
"I just need to lift you onto my boat.", as she said that, the mythical creature nodded it's head in understanding.
It took a few minutes, but the mermaid was officially on the boat. (Y/N) couldn't help but be amazed. They were real! She'd only heard about them in myths but she didn't know they were still a thriving species.
"Can you speak?", (Y/N) asked, trying to strike up a once in a lifetime conversation. Her fingers slowly did their thing as she worked on untangling the creature.
"Yes.", it said in response, seemingly hesitant to speak.
"That's incredible.", the woman thought carefully about her next question, not wanting it to stop so abruptly. "So you are a mermaid?"
"Merman.", it said, "You're human?"
"I'd have to say yes, I'm human.", (Y/N) said. "Do you have a name?"
"Ja'far. Do you have name?", he asked.
"My name is (Y/N).", the woman said, still untangling him. 'Damn did he get tangled up bad.', she thought to herself.
"Most human would keep Mermaid and sell. Why you not?", Ja'far asked, curious as to why this human is helping him.
"I feel as though that would be wrong. You were tangled, and it's my duty to help others. Especially when I'm out at sea.", (Y/N) explained.
"You are kind.", Ja'far stated. As he said that, he felt his hand get slightly lifted up.
"Sorry, I just gotta get a few strands off from around your fingers.", (Y/N) said apologetically.
"It fine.", the merman said, a soft blush covering is face.
Such close contact to a human was forbidden, but he felt content.
(Y/N) backed away a small bit, giving space between herself and the merman. She looked the creature up and down, from his beautiful green tail, to his damp light gray, almost white hair, to his dark gray eyes.
"Well then Ja'far, I think you are completely untangled! I don't wish to keep you, since you seemed like you were in a rush."
"It fine...", he stopped for a moment. The merman lifted himself up onto the side of the boat, and poised himself so that he could jump out at any moment. "Thank you (Y/N).", Ja'far said, diving into the water.
"Oh, don't mention it...", the woman wistfully said giving a small, melancholy smile.
The woman was once again left to her own devices.

It had been a few weeks since her encounter with the merman.
(Y/N), since the meeting, had looked to the sea in awe. Who knew such amazing beings were living in the depths?
Oh how she longed to see Ja'far again.
But she had to set those feelings aside, and continue on with her life.

Months had passed, and her experience with Jafar seemed like a dream.
She was once again set out to sea by her father. (Y/N) obliged, and ended up back in the open waters.
The day had gone by smothly, an overcast sky, and slight winds blew. As the day dragged on howecer, the wind picked up it's speed.
'I should probably head back to shore...a storm seems to be brewing.', (Y/N) thought, but as hard as she tried,  the wind prevented her from going to her destination.
The wind grew even stronger, and there were thunder rolls sounding in the distance. The woman could see the lighting in the ever darkening sky.

"Shit!", (Y/N) said, holding onto the boat for dear life. The vessle threatened to flip with every wave that pierced it.
Tears mixed with the pelting rain fell down her face. She felt as though no prayer could save her.
A sudden, large wave crashed into the boat, and completely flipped it.
(Y/N) surfaced under the boat, and began to panic. Thoughts rushed through her mind. They verify from survival based thoughts, to future questions.
'What if I don't escape?', 'How would my family handle it?', 'I can just...'
Her thoughts were interrupted by a small splash of water from in front of her.
she couldn't believe her eyes.
"Hold breath!", Ja'far said, diving back under the water. In a flash, the woman was dragged under the water. She breached on the other side of the boat.
"Hold on.", the merman commanded. (Y/N) instantly obeyed, and wrapped her arms around the neck of her savior.
Some time went by until the duo were on shore. Both were panting heavily.
Ja'far's arms were planted on the ground, one on each side of (Y/N)'s head. His body just barely touched hers.
"Are...you...ok?", Ja'far asked between breaths.
"I think so..."
"We are equal now.", the merman said, looking into the eyes of (Y/N).
"I guess so."
Jafar glimpsed away for a second, but the looked back to the woman under him. He slowly leaned down and gave her a sensitive kiss.
"Take care (Y/N).", he said, going back to the ocean.
In a few moments, he was gone.

------
This was a request. You know who you are! I really hope you enjoyed it,  it was a really cute concept!
*I won't include usernames when identifying stories as requests.