Final Chapter

"Put the knife down." Morgan shouts to Noah. "I don't think you want me to do that." He says. I could tell that there was a smirk on his face by the time of his voice.

"And whys that?" I turned my head slightly. "Please don't do this Noah. I'm begging you." Noah didn't listen to a word I said. Instead a smirk formed on his lips.

"Because this is the person you've been looking for for the last month. Aaron Hotchner this is the assassin that I sent to kill you." I look at the ground. I didn't want to see his face. He was going to look at me the way everyone looks at me. The look of disappointment then sadness and lastly anger.

"That doesn't make it ok for you to kill her. Put the knife down and we will handle this." Rossi yells. I could tell he was becoming impatient with Noah. I could feel the pressure of the knife slowly moving away from my neck.

The knife clings to the ground. "I want both of you to put your hands on your head." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Noah doing exactly that. It surprised me how easily he complied with what Morgan said. He had to have something up his sleeve and I was not about to stay and find out.

"Hayley please listen to Morgan." Spencers soft voice made me want to listen, but I couldn't. I wasn't about to go back to jail. I've been there once before and there's no way I'm going back. I look up. They had all put there guns away.

I knew that twenty feet behind me was a sliding door that was half open. I could get out before they could even take a shot. "I'm sorry." With that I turn and sprint.

I slipped through the door with ease. I could hear the yelling of my name as I ran. There was a taxi parked on the street corner. I rip the door open and get in. "Airport please hurry." He hit the gas pedal. I turn around Morgan had just reached the street corner. His gun raised but he wasn't shooting. He just stood there.

I take a deep breath. A few tears stung my eyes but I refused to cry. The taxi came to a stop outside of the airport. "That'll be $25.50." I pull out the money and hand it to him. "Keep the change." I get out of the taxi and head inside. An old friend of mine works in this airport. He always gave me free tickets when I was in a bit of trouble.

He was always working on Fridays so I had nothing to worry about. "I need a ticket for the first flight out to Boston." I say walking to the counter. He looks up from the computer he had been typing on. He stuck his head under the desk and pulls out a ticket. "Here have a nice flight Hayley."

"Thank you so much Ethan. Oh and if any FBI agents come asking questions you never saw me." He nods, "Alright. Text me when you land." I wave goodbye as I walk to the gate. Boarding would start any minute.

After today I would get a new identity and start over as someone else. No more living like a criminal it was time for a change and that change was happening today. A flight attendant started boarding and I walked on the plane taking my seat. Goodbye old life hello fresh start.

The End

Hope you guys liked In Cold Blood. I'm thinking about maybe having a sequel but I also want to start another book because I recently had a good idea for one so let me know if you guys would like a sequel. Thank you so much for reading.