Chapter 3

Rajveer : what the hell Kya kiya tune! He thundered
I couldn't understand what he was saying. Gunny my friend, my brother how could he do this. I always wanted to keep my freedom away from this mess he Knows this but still Gunny, not only did he re opened my case but to get my freedom to defend me.

I promised, Gunny promised to keep her safe and now he himself bought freedom in this war. What will I do when my mentor, my father figure ask me that I did not protect her but brought her in the middle of this war. Instead of protecting her she would be protecting me.

Gunny : raj pls meri baat sun.... Pls. Mere paas Aur Koi Raasta Nahi tha. Aur Agar mei uses approach Nahi karta to tujhe Nahi lagta ke wo khud hamein doondh leti. Raj mei jaanta hoon ke hamare paas time kam hai isilye Maine freedom ko

Rajveer : Time kam hai iska Matlab Yeh Nahi ki freedom ko is maamlay ke lekar aaye.... He interrupted in middle. He was very agitated, angry and could not control himself.

Use Kuch Nahi pata hai Gunny . Agar pata Chal gaya Toh Woh mujhse nafrat karegi. Gunny meri freedom ke alawa Koi family nhi hai. Meri behen Woh nafrat karegi mujhse. Uski ankhoon mei Apne liye nafraat Nahi dekh sakta.

All were shocked into silence. They never saw their Sir, friend, mentor and guide so desperately trying to not to cry. They were even more shocked to learn that their rajveer sir have a sister. A sister they don't know about.

In the hindsight, the realised that they never asked their favourite sir about his life, about his dreams.

Naina : sir apki behen, Apne kabhi bataya kyun Nahi ke apki Koi sister Bhi hai.
She asked hesitantly.

Rajveer with naina's question came back to reality that what he was discussing in front of his cadets. His cadets didn't know about his freedom or of his family. They and others at academy only know about lala gehlot as his godfather and his daughter sherry as his only family.

But how could he say that he has a sister, who was also like a daughter to him, a sister who always kept him as her first priority, a sister who always believed in him, a sister who was happy at his every success, every achievement, a sister who was, is, hope that fills him with determination. His freedom, his little sister swadheenta is his everything, her smile is what kept him going at his life, her smile and her believe that he was not the one who killed his best friend, she is the one who kept me from going insane from guilt. He remembered that day as Clear as crystal when he got the appointment letter that said he was to go in undercover mission at kma. She was so angry at me that I was not helping the matter by not accepting the mission that could help him uncover the details that led to Naveen arrest. And also he got his sister back.

Flashback :

Rajveer was at his apartment in Delhi. He was wallowing in his misery and guilt of killing his best friend. He was in his apartment for about a week. He was not able to eat or drink. He was trembling by remembering that day where he was begged by his friend to kill him. He was becoming insomniac as he was not able to sleep due to the nightmare of his reality.

He was visited by his mamu and mami (uncle and aunt). They knew about him as they know from his childhood. They were not able to console him so they called his sister, as she is the only one who has the capability to make him understand that whatever he did was not in his hands , but his situation demanded him to do his duty, his duty of friendship.

Rajveer knew that his uncle will call his sister as he was no longer able to console him. They don't know that he was one who pulled the trigger which took the life of his best friend. They only knew that he was the one who found him in the jungle and bought him back to the army holding cell. Though he knew he was being selfish as he was making his uncle concerned for his health but what can he do , as he wants his sister to be with him.