Chapter Two

[ II ] CUTIEPIE - AE DIL HAI MUSHKIL
YOU SMILE AND MAKE AN INNOCENT FACE, CUTIEPIE.

❀  ✿  ❀

Alia still couldn't believe what was happening wasn't a dream. She had just signed a contract to be Varun Dhawans fake girlfriend for a whole year, definitely not an ordinary day. Varun had left the room a few minutes ago after signing his contract, which he hardly even read through. He knew everything he needed to, or you could say, wanted to know.

❝Karan sir, can I ask you something before I leave?❞ Alia questions to which Karan nods encouraging her to continue.

❝It's just, out of every girl who would die to be in this situation. Why me?❞ Alia asks curiously. This question has been scratching at the back of her mind as soon as she arrived at Karans office this morning but she was hesitant with asking. Alia knew that there were thousands of girls who would kill to be in her position right now.

❝Alia, because fangirls aren't exactly the best option. They would probably cause more issues and negative attraction towards Varun. And I don't think a die-hard fangirl would exactly like to fake break up with Varun after the year is over, do you?❞ Karan asks Alia to which she shakes her head. What Karan was saying made sense, but Alia still didn't understand why he had picked her out of every other girl available to ask.

❝You'll get the money you need after you've spent exactly one month with Varun, like said in your contract. But you will still have to continue with the deal for another eleven months afterwards❞ Karan informed Alia. She had actually forgotten about the money. I guess the fact that she'll be pretending to be the girlfriend of Varun was making her lose her focus.

❝Thats fine, Karan sir❞ Alia said.

❝You know you can call me Karan, right?❞ Karan chuckles.

❝Okay, Karan sir-- I mean Karan❞ Alia corrects, mentally face palming herself.

❝Alia tomorrow we will have a meeting. Please arrive here at ten sharp, I'll have Varun here too so we can discuss the plan further. And also, please do not discuss this with anyone else until notified otherwise❞ Karan informs and Alia nods. It's not like she had many people she could tell anyway, but that didn't matter right now.

❝See you tomorrow❞ Alia says before standing from her chair and making her way towards the door.

The next day Alia made her way down the empty corridors heading towards Karans office. As she makes a left turn her eyes are met with a figure standing on the opposite side of the corridor. It was none other than Varun Dhawan. Alias heart skips a beat and her head feels dizzy as Varun walks down the corridors towards her.

❝Good morning, Alia❞ Varuns voice speaks causing Alias cheeks to heat up. The change of colour in her cheeks causes Varun to mentally smirk, Alia on the other hand feeling embarrassed at the fact she just blushed. He remembered her name and all she could do was stand in front of him and blush. Alias mouth was paralysed for a moment before she forces herself to say something.

❝M-- morning❞ Alia stammers. She mentally punches herself for making an idiot of herself in front of Varun. Varun stepped closer to Alia closing the gap between them. He uses the back of his index finger to stroke her right cheek gently and slowly. Alia freezes under his touch and her knees now feeling extremely weak. Her eyes fixed on Varuns dark ones, she remembered his eyes were lighter when she last saw him.