Chapter Four

[ IV ] KUKKAD - STUDENT OF THE YEAR
THE HEART BEGINS TO RUN HERE AND THERE, THEN STARTS TO FLY HERE AND THERE, WHEN HE STARTS TO STRETCH HIS BODY, THIS GUY IS FANTASTIC.

Alias eyes flutter open slowly, adjusting to the daylight. She automatically glances over at Varun who was sleeping peacefully. She gets up from the sofa, folding up the blanket she had slept in before striding over towards Varun.

She watches him intently. She observes him closely as his eyes squinted every now and then and how he tossed and turned under the covers. She unconsciously leans down to his level and plants a small kiss against his forehead, he twitches at the touch but a small smile is visible against his lips.

A long while later Varun wakes up, his eyes wandering his bedroom aimlessly. His eyebrows furrowed together when he sees a pale pink cardigan is sitting at the corner of his bed. He then remembered that Alia was wearing the exact same cardigan last night. He stretches his hand and picks up the cardigan and begins to play with the material, reflecting on what had happened last night.

A few images flashed in his mind. He could see himself and Alia in the conference room, Alias eyes sparkling as per usual. He could also see images of Alia crawling up in a car seat. Lastly he saw an image of Alia laying him into his bed, running her petite hands through his hair.

He didn't know if the things he pictured had actually happened or if he had dreamed them up. He shrugs off the thought and decided to take a shower, folding Alias cardigan neatly and placing it on his nightstand.

After his refreshing shower Varun wrapped a towel around his lower waist. He picked up another towel and used it to quickly dry off his body before tossing it into the laundry basket.

He then exits the bathroom and strides through the door leading him straight to his bedroom. He walks towards his wardrobe and begins to search for a decent outfit.

❝Varun, I made you breakfa--❞ Alia starts as she walks through the bedroom door, Varun turns himself in the direction of her gentle voice as a reflex. Alia cuts herself off when she sees him.

Her eyes widen and her lips part as she studies his figure. Her eyes meeting with his well-defined muscles, then chest and slowly travelling their way down towards his abs. His body glistening in the daylight, thanks to the water droplets he didn't manage to dry off, adding to his Greek God looking appearance. Alia feels heat crawling to her cheeks and her heart begins to drum against her chest, she was checking him out. She quickly slits her gaze away from his body.

❝Sorry, I-- I didn't know that you weren't dressed❞ Alia apologies in a fast quiet tone, turning her back to leave the room before Varun interferes.

❝No need to apologise, what were you saying?❞ Varun questioned her, not finding any sort of issue with the situation. He didn't realise that Alia was practically getting hotter by the second.

❝I made you breakfast❞ Alia comments forcing her eyes to look straight into his, which was pretty damn difficult. Well, it was Varun standing before her in nothing but a damn towel, how can you stop your eyes from checking out his perfectly toned body?

❝Oh thanks, babe❞ Varun winks playfully. There's that nickname again, Alia thought mentally rolling her eyes. ❝And you should know, I have no problem with you checking me out, babe. My body belongs to you.❞