Chapter Three

[ III ] TAKE ME HOME - JESS GLYNNE
IF I'M LYING HERE, WILL YOU TAKE ME HOME?

❀ ✿ ❀

After Karans pep-talk about tonight's plans, Alia had been sitting in the conference room alone for a while. Varun told her he needed to use the restroom before they leave. Alia had been lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't realised it had been around twenty five minutes since he had left. She was too busy panicking about what was going to happen tonight, in other words; her and Varuns first media appearance.

Alia came out of her thoughts, checking the time on her phone and her eyes widen when she comes to know that Varun had been gone for nearly half an hour. She tries dialling his number, which Karan had given her, hoping he'd answer. After eight hopeless attempts of contacting him Alia begins to worry.

She began to think. Where would I go if I was Varun? She questions herself. Not knowing the answer, she begins to think of other options.

She could go to Karan, tell him that Varun is missing, he'd probably be able to find him quicker than she could. But he could get angry at her, after all it was her job to keep an eye on Varun, to look after him and care for him. And Karan could shout at Varun for leaving Alia alone, call him irresponsible.

What if he was hurt? That could explain why he's been gone for so long, Alia thought. If only she had paid attention to the time instead of getting distracted in her own thoughts, maybe he would've returned by now.

Alia is cut short of her thoughts when the conference door swings open abruptly and hits the wall. Alia lets out a gasp at the sudden action and her head shoots in the direction of the noise.

❝Varun, where were you? Do you know how worried I was? It's been--❞ Alia cuts herself off checking her phone.

❝It's been an hour since you left!❞ She continues with wide eyes, standing from her chair awaiting Varuns response.

She was now standing just a few paces away from Varun who was standing in the opening of the door.

❝Really? It's hiccup been a whole hiccup hour?❞ Varun questions through his hiccups. Alia lets out a sigh as Varun walks, more like stumbles, through the doorway. He was drunk.

❝Varun, you're drunk aren't you?❞ She questions with sadness coated in her voice. She already knew the answer to her question, but she asked it anyway.

❝No, why hiccup would you hiccup think that?❞ Varun hiccups, putting on an innocent child-like voice in the process.

❝Varun! I trusted you to use the restroom, not to get yourself drunk!❞ Alia said in a raised yet disappointed tone with her arms folded over her chest.

❝Hey! Don't hiccup shout at me!❞ Varun spat angrily pointing his finger, staggering as he walked closer towards her.

Alia swallows down nervously. She wasn't sure if it was the fact he was drunk or that he had shouted at her that scared her. Either way; she was terrified.

❝S-- sorry, Varun❞ Alia stammers, cautiously shuffling backwards.

❝Why do you keep hiccup moving further away hiccup from me?!❞ Varun barks at her unintentionally, taking one step closer as she took another backwards.