Chapter Twelve

[ XII ] SUN SAATHIYA -
ABCD 2
OH, MY BELOVED, I'M YOURS.

Varun exits the bathroom after several hours, the darkness becoming less as morning reaches. He was too scared to come back into the room earlier. He was scared of facing Alia. He was scared of looking into her pure eyes. He was scared of what she'd say. He was just too . . . scared.

Slowly, he opens the bathroom door and walks into the bedroom. His eyes landing on Alia, fast asleep in a sat up position. Varuns conscious questions whether she was waiting for him as he takes quiet steps closer and closer towards the bed.

Cautiously laying down beside her, he carefully helps her into a comfortable position. Regret flashing in his eyes, she deserves so much better. He couldn't deny it, Alia was special. How could someone as kind and as pure as Alia end up with a guy like him? He was a mess, and he knew that, but he still never changed. He didn't try changing. But right now, looking at his Alu, something inside of him told him that maybe he could change. Maybe, if he tried, he'd be able to become a better man.

Wrapping his muscular arms around Alias petite figure, he finds peace. ❝I'm sorry, Alu.❞ He whispers pressing a delicate kiss to her forehead before closing his eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, Varuns eyes swell up with tears as he watches Alia who was sleeping peacefully. His mind focused on one thing, their kiss. How could he allow himself to be so stupid? He kissed Alia. He fucking kissed his innocent little Alu. He knows his life is hell. He knows he's an alcoholic. He knows he'll disappoint her. But he couldn't stop himself, he couldn't control himself.

He can feel his tears landing onto the pillow beneath him as he begins to wonder what Alia will say when she wakes up. He left her alone after kissing her. He told her to change clothes before walking off into the bathroom. She waited and waited and waited, until eventually she fell asleep because he wasn't man enough to face her. He was selfish and he knew it.

❝Good morning, Vee.❞ His thoughts are cut off by the soft sound of Alias voice.

Her eyes stare deeply into his as she awaits his reply, how he replies to her everyday they wake up together. ❝Good morning, beautiful.❞ He forces a smile. Alia can tell from the tone of his voice that he's upset, and the tears stained against his cheeks didn't help cover up the fact he was sad either.

❝Varun, we can . . . forget the kiss❞ Alia says, her throat dry. She passed her limits last night, but something inside of her still screams that she did the right thing. ❝I know that you probably already have--❞

❝Alia, I don't want to forget the kiss. Don't you dare say that I've probably already forgotten, because I haven't. Do you understand?❞ He questions firmly gaining a nod from her.

❝I just . . . this won't ruin anything, will it? I-- I don't want to cause trouble. The contract states that I'm not allowed--❞

❝Not allowed what? You're not allowed to kiss me? The contract states that you're supposed to care for my needs, and what if having your lips against mine is my need, Alia? Then what?❞ He questions with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

❝Then . . . I guess I'll have to fulfil your needs, Mr. Dhawan❞ Alia giggles.

❝You know, when you call me that and you giggle like that . . . I feel the need to kiss you.❞ Varun remarks with a smirk.