Chapter Five

[ V ] ZAROORAT - EK VILLAIN
I'M CALLING OUT TO YOU, I JUST NEED YOU.

Varun was sat on his bedroom floor with his arms wrapped around his legs, hugging at his knees as he rocked back and forth. He was slurring words under his breath. His breathing loud and heavy, his chest moving up and down at a fast speed. He had two empty bottles of alcohol laying not too far away from where he was sat. He also had drunk three bottles earlier, two of which were laying on the floor near his bed. One of them smashed leaving pieces of glass left scattered on the floor.

❝Why did you-- you have to go?❞ Varun stutters.

He was thinking about her again. Tears began to form in his eyes from the memories. ❝I miss-- I miss you!❞ He shouts in a loud cry.

He hadn't been able to let out his emotions like this in quite a long time. He had kept them bottled up inside, and now, he cannot hold them back.

Every time he closed his eyes, he could see images of her. He could see her bright and beautiful smile. He could see her happy, sparkly eyes.

He could hear the sound of her sweet, angelic laugh. He could hear her soft and gentle voice calling his name.

He used to smile when hearing her voice. But when he used to look around to see where the voice was coming from, he'd remember that she wasn't really there and that he was just hearing things. He would end up crying himself to sleep. But now when he hears her voice calling his name, he knows for sure, she isn't really there.

She isn't with him anymore.

❝I-- I need you!❞ Varun yells as tears began to roll freely down his cheeks.

❝I promised that-- that I would never let you down!❞ Varun stutters. ❝I promised that I would never-- I would never give up in what I believe in for you!❞ He wails, continuing to rock his body back and forth. ❝But I-- I can't do this anymore! I need-- I need you!❞ Varun cries out in a begging manner.

He couldn't control his emotions. He couldn't control himself from speaking the words that he wanted to; what his heart wanted to say.

❝Please-- please help me!❞ He says in a quiet, sad voice. He was helpless without her by his side.

He closes his eyes in attempt to lose himself. He wanted, just for a moment, to no longer be a part of this world. He wanted to be free. Free from himself and his emotions. He wanted to be at peace with himself.

His breathing begins to become calmer and his tears begin to slowly stop. Without realising it, he was picturing Alia. Images of her playing in his mind from three days ago.

He could see Alia picking out an outfit for him, her eyes scanning the clothing items eagerly. The way she was biting down on her bottom lip in concentration and her hands played with the fabrics. A small smile forming against Varuns lips, her actions reminded him of . . . her.

His eyes immediately shoot open. His breathing back to the way it was not so long ago, unsteady and fast.

❝She reminds-- she reminds me of you!❞ Varun shouts with a cry. ❝Why did you-- why did you have to leave me?❞ Varun mumbles like a scared child. ❝Please, come-- come back to me!❞ He sniffles finding it too hard to control his tears, he just allows them to continue to flow freely down his face.