Chapter five ~ So close yet so far

Day by day passed as the ball came closer and in reach. I became more and more desperate to meet my future prince on that ball. It was two days left before it took place. I had a plan how I could go on it without to be recognized by Alois. I had finished all of my chores in the morning so I was be able to get a ball dress from the city in the afternoon and go to the ball in the evening. The plan was just perfect.

Me and Héloise were closer than ever as well. She was like a sister to me, would always listen to my problems and cheer me up. I even told her how I'm going to attend the ball without Alois' notice. She only deeply chuckled at my words and I think she mumbled something along the lines like "we will see about that", but I think I was just imagining things. She's the nicest person I met so far in my life, next to my parents of course and the Trancy demon Triplets.

But something didn't add up. The master hasn't showed up very often since Héloise worked here. It was like he was...too busy to deal with the ball preparations. It seemed like I underestimated his plan to find a perfect wife for life. Apparently he took this thing more serious than I thought and spent a lot of dancing lessons with Claude. Kinda scary. That poor woman who was supposed marry him. I pitied her. I had it exactly pictures how he would treat her. Abusing her for fun. Making her give birth to too many babies on purpose to see her suffer each time. He was sadistic after all. No doubt he would really do that I thought. If she was smart enough, she would realize how cruel he is and leave him.

"Pleaseeee, you can't leave me. I need you and you need me! We are married after all. You can NEVER leave me! Until death do us apart, remember? You promised!" would be his pleading words to her while clinging to her leg when she would find out how maniac he really is. No one could possibly deal with a bipolar husband. No way that anyone could have a positive impact on him to finally change his behavior. I swear, I would bow down to that person who would ever be able to change his sadistic, hateful and depressed behavior. I have had no idea that I knew that person who would archive that in the end.

I chuckled at these thoughts of him trying desperately to keep his wife by his side as I made my way to Alois' room where all the other servants would help him finding the right outfit before the ball in two days. I wanted my future husband and prince on a white horse to fall in love for me immediately when he would see me on the ball. Asking me to dance. I would happily accept and dance the night away. Then sometime leave this manor with him forever living my happily ever after. That was my only dream.

As I opened the door to his highness' room he already gestured the Triplets to get out of the room. The new maid wasn't there strangely. It seemed like whenever he would be around, she would be somewhere else doing chores or such. (dumb naive Reader-chan LMAO)

As they were all out of the room, I gulped loud enough for him to hear. He noticed it and turned his head from the big mirror to me and gazed darkly at me. Why did he want me for himself anyways?

"Come closer and help me already, what are you waiting for?!" he screamed all of the sudden, the room echoing his high pitched voice.

I came closer and started to dress him the way he wanted, but nothing seemed to please him.

"That's all shit!! Ew! I need to look perfect for the ball! I will probably meet my future wife! And I will make her faint from my looks that I tell you", he sang.

"Now go get me these shoes over there will you!" he pointed to a pair of small black shoes with heels, "Oh and these pants would just do nicely with them!" he pointed to some black pants, "Oi and get me this waistcoat over there! Come on hurry!"

Every time he told me to get something for him, I wasn't even entirely done bringing him the last thing that he demanded from me. That would become a long ass day I thought. And I turned out to be right this time. This continued for the entire afternoon until the evening. I was slowly more and more tired of his shit. The only thing that did keep me from going on was Héloise. I thought of her the entire time. It almost seemed like I was...falling for her.