33 | Sydney

	"So, tell us everything about New York

"So, tell us everything about New York. I can't believe we haven't seen you since August!"

We were all gathered around a booth at Marty's Burgers, a place we had frequented when I had gone to JMU. It had the best french fries in the country, and since I had lived completely across the country for most of my life, I could definitely say that.

"I know, it's crazy." I laughed and shook my head, "I can't believe I survived without you guys for so long without visiting!"

"I know, you suck for that." Katie punched me good-naturedly. "But I don't think that that counts as telling us everything about New York. We genuinely want to know!"

I shrugged, unsure of how to answer the question. A month ago, I would have gone on and on about my roommates and apartment and the orchestra. I would have explained that even though Amy had her heart set on ruining my life, she would never actually go through with anything. She would never have the guts or the amount of hatred to do something extravagant. A month ago, I would have told them that I was in love with my friends, my job, my boyfriend, and my life.

But sitting there, in that moment in time, I couldn't honestly say any of that. I wasn't in love with my life. I was trying to get through each day one at a time, because that was all I could handle.

But they didn't want to hear that.

"It's wonderful." I lied through my teeth, putting on a smile. "Everyone is so much nicer than they're stereotypically made out to be, and the orchestra is the best job I could possibly hope for. Everyone is just so kind, you know?"