Chapter 14

Lily POV:

The next morning

I woke up and I could feel the tears that stained my cheeks, but why? Slowly it all came back. Every memory, every feeling, every tear. I wanted to curl in a ball and cry remembering all the events that took place last night and everyday after I met the boys. My life was pretty good before the boys. Then I meet them and it goes to shit. I tried crying, but nothing came out. I guess I let it all out last night.

I slowly got up and walked over to my desk. There laying on it was a letter addressed to jade. I read it.

Dear jade,

I love you more than anything in this world. You mean everything to me, but I can't do this anymore. This life is no longer worth living. I've gone through so much recently and I'm sorry I couldn't come to you. This is not your fault at all and there is nothing you could have said to change my mind.

By the time you see this I will be dead and floating down a river. I'm sorry. Blunt I know. But I don't want you to cry for me. Don't ever cry for me. I will always be with you. You won't see me but I'll be there. I love you more than anything. Remember me by those moments we shared. You'll do great in life. I'll see you again one day.
Love yours truly,
Lily ❤️

Somehow the tears came back as I read this to myself. This letter sucks and I feel bad that this will be what jade holds onto and remember for the rest of her life, but it was the best I could do. A few tears landed on the page giving a different texture to the paper. I put the letter back down. I would lay it on jades bed later.

I look at my phone 127 messages all from the boys all of which I would not read. I wash my face and go to jades room. I had to take her to school although I would not be going. We jump in the car and jam out. It made me really happy that this will be one of our last moments together. As I pull into a spot I step out of the car and face jade stopping her before she made her way to the school.

"Jade I'm going back home I don't feel well today okay?" I question looking deep into her green eyes trying to memorize them before I go.

"Yeah that's fine just get better." She says without a care in the world. Oh if only she knew. She started to walk off and I grab her wrist and bring her back. She's surprised by my action and I pull her into a tight hug. "I love you so much. Don't ever forget that" I say near her ear on the verge of tears. "I love you too" she replies holding me tighter. Oh god this is gonna be so hard. She slowly pulled away and I wiped a tear from my right cheek. She looked at me with great concern.

"Is everything okay?" She asked looking deep into my eye.

"Never better" I give a weak smile and look around. I see Jonah staring and drop my smile. I slowly walk back to my car and leave the school. That was the hardest goodbye, but I'm glad I did it.

I get back to the house and continue with my plan. I lay the letter on jades bed. I go to IHOP to eat my last meal. I wasn't gonna die on an empty stomach and I wanted some of my favorite food first. After I finish I walk to the bus stop. I would then take the bus to a stop near the bridge where I would walk the rest of the way and take my life.

Jonah POV:

I hardly slept at all last night. None of the boys did. I tried visiting lily multiple times, but she never let me in. All the boys are sad and feel terrible especially Daniel. He's such a dumb ass to cheat on a girl like lily. I would do anything for her. And I will. We got to school today and all of us boys look like shit.

I was about to make my way inside when I saw Lily's car. She got out and looked so sad. She hugged her sister for a solid two minutes and I overheard them saying, "I love you". She smiled weakly and when she saw me her face dropped. It broke my heart. She got back in the car and left. Something was wrong. So I got in my car and followed her back to her house. I didn't get out this time and follow her in. Instead I waited. Not much longer a teary eyed lily came out and walked to IHOP. I sat in my car waiting for her to finish.

Once she finished she walked to a bus stop. She got on and I followed the bus to where she got off. Why would she get off here there is really nothing around? She started walking and I kept my distance in my car. She walked to the bridge and stopped. I started piecing it together HOLY FUCK SHES GONNA JUMP! That's why she left school and said goodbye to her sister like that. That's why she came out of the house crying. That's why she took a bus here.

She sat on the ledge of the bridge just looking down crying. She pulled out her phone and put in her earbuds. She began to cry. Through the song she slowly stood up. Now was my time to go to her. She wouldn't hear  me and hopefully not see me.

Lily POV:

I walked to the bridge and sat on the ledge. The view was beautiful. I guess it was a good view to die to. I cried a little knowing this was it. I sat there a while just looking at the river below. I would die on impact. I was okay with dying and it never really scared me. What scared me was the impact my death might have on my sister. I hope she will be okay. Yeah I know this is selfish and I run from my problems, but I don't have the will to do this anymore.

I pull out my phone and put in my earbuds I play Jump by Astrid S. I turn my volume up all the way. I slowly begin to stand up and look at the water below. As Astrid says "jump" in a whisper for the last time. I stick one foot out ready to fall. I shut my eyes tight and I step off and prepare myself for the impact and then nothingness.

It never comes. I never even fall. I look down and I'm hanging looking straight at the water, but not falling. I feel two arms wrapped around my waist. I try to turn around to see who it is, but there grip is to tight to turn. Slowly I'm raised up and placed back on the ledge. I look to my left and see Jonah standing beside me and looking down. He looks like he is gonna jump.

"What are you doing?" I scream at him through my tears. He slowly lifts his head and looks at me.

"If you jump I jump." Is all he says as he raises one foot out over the ledge. I raise my arm and push his chest back and he is pushed up against the railing behind us.

"No.no.no.no.no.no" is all I can repeat as I cry. I climb back over the railing back on the safe side. Jonah still stands there looking at the river below. I wrap my arms around his chest and hold him from behind. I cry into his back and began to weakly speak, "no you can't jump"

"Why not you were going to?" He asks arguing with me. Really your gonna argue with me over dying.

"Because you can't!" I cry into his back.

He turns around and faces me holding the railing. He says, "fine I won't if you promise never to try something like this again."

"Fine I promise." I say still crying. He climbs back over the railing and pulls me into a tight hug. I cry in his arms a little longer and I can hear him crying too. I look up and slightly pull away. "Were you really gonna jump?" I ask looking deep in his eyes. He nods his head yes. "Why?" I ask really confused.

"Because like I said if you jump I jump. Lily I love you whether you like it or not and this life is not worth living if your not in it. And it got you down off this ledge didn't it?" I stood there in shock I couldn't believe  I had this much of an effect on someone. I guess it did get me off the ledge. What he said made me cry more. I held on tighter to him and he did the same. Maybe I could love Jonah? We walked off the bridge together.

He drove me back home. Luckily I had beat jade back home so she never had to read my death letter. Jonah grabbed it read it and tore it into pieces yet again. We spent the rest of the day together. We laid in bed together and watched movies. I never wanted to leave Jonahs side.