Chapter 17

Wait to play music until I say it will make it better I think. I hope you enjoy you just might cry...

2 days later:

Jonah pov:

I was asleep I wasn't getting much sleep because of my nightmare. The police showed up and took me to a morgue to see lily. Lily dead. My child dead. My world gone. I was instantly snapped out of it by a warm hand on my shoulder shaking me ever so lightly. "Jonah. Jonah honey wake up." The angelic voice whispered. My eyes shot open to see my mother staring down at me not who I had hoped. I thought it would be lily.

"Oh god, mom what are you doing here? I just had the worst dream and lily was in it? Mom? Where's lily?"

"Oh honey", she said looking at me with such pity and hurt. Her lips took the form of a frown as she pulled me into her for a tight hug. She slowly pulled away and looked me in the eye. "I'm sorry honey, but it wasn't a dream lily is gone", she whispered as tears rolled down her face.

I threw myself back on to the bed hoping the next time I woke up Lily would be there. I haven't slept much at all. I just lay in bed crying. Unable to move, unable to think, unable to eat, unable to breathe. I don't want to live anymore.

I can't stop thinking about lily. I go through our photo album and cry more. Studying each image remembering every detail on Lilys face. It's so hard to come to terms with the fact that all I have now are memories. That the only time I'll ever see lily again is when I close my eyes.

I think back to the day we stood on the bridge. Sometimes I wish we had jumped. That I'd never have to experience the pain I am right now attempting to live without her. I know it's terrible of me to think like that but I do. But if we had jumped I'd never have gotten those moments with lily. I'd never have really fallen in love. So I guess it's okay, but I wish it didn't have to end this way.

Today is Lilys funeral. My last goodbye. I get ready wearing an all black suit. I look like I had been hit by a train. My hair was a mess that I didn't bother or care to fix. The underneath of my eyes were dark. My eyes were always bloodshot red and watery. My cheeks red and splotchy it was so obvious I had been crying, but I didn't care about my appearance. All that mattered was getting to see lily again and say goodbye.

The boys came over to help me make it to the funeral. No one really said anything. I mean what are you supposed to say when your whole world is ripped away from you. The whole ride to the cemetery was silent all the boys had bloodshot eyes all keeping them on the floor avoiding any eye contact. We had already discussed how the ceremony would go it would be beautiful and heart breaking.

We arrived at the cemetery. There was no going to a church first and saying goodbye there and then moving lily. No it would all take place at the cemetery.

I slowly walked to her freshly dug grave. Just above it lays her casket with lily so peacefully inside of it waiting to be lowered. Each step closer becoming more and more agonizing and impossible. I nearly fell to my knees crying. If it weren't for the boys holding me up I would have. Together we managed to make it to the front row.

From where I sat I could see lily she looked so peaceful. All of her scars were invisible probably covered by makeup. She looked so beautiful still. She had on a light blue dress the same one she wore on our 4th date and our graduation day. That dress contained so many memories and now forever she will rest in it.

The ceremony was long and mournful it was so hard to listen to the priest tell us how death was a good thing and that lily was in a better place now. How dare he say such a thing? And to think I thought the next time I would need a priest was to hear him say "dearly beloved we are gathered here today to.... you may now kiss the bride." It's so sad to think that never in my life will I hear that at my own wedding. A wedding lily and I should be planning right now. But that would never happen because my one true love lays in front of me hovering over her final resting place.