Chapter Five: Give You What You Like

Please wrap your drunken arms around me, and I'll let you call me yours tonight. 'Cause slightly broken's just what I need, and if you give me what I want, then I'll give you what you like.

Brooke lay still, staring at the ceiling in her bedroom. She really didn't know how to feel about finding that box. Recently, she thought that Lucas did still like her, but she shrugged it off, thinking he was just trying to make amends, and thought that they could just stay friends again. She didn't know whether to be creeped out or flattered: maybe even a bit of both. He'd saved all of that stuff. All of her stuff. One thing she was unsure of was how to approach the situation. Talk to Lucas about it or just try and forget about it. Hell, she knew for a fact she couldn't forget about it, it would just eat her up inside. 'I'll talk to him' she thought to herself, taking a deep breath in, still trying to process the situation.

As if on cue, there was a knock on her bedroom door. Brooke made her way to the door, making sure she was presentable, checking for any dampness on her cheeks. She opened the wooden door, of course Lucas was stood on the other side.

"Hey. You okay? I haven't heard from you all day." he asked her, concern in his smooth voice.

"I'm fine, just feeling a little crappy. I think I might have the flu or something." she told him. Lies. All lies.

"Oh, right. You want me to make you some chicken soup? I make a mean chicken soup." he suggested, a small smile making it's way onto his face. Brooke smiled back, his cuteness was almost unbearable. Plus, he did make a pretty darn good chicken soup. He'd made it for her when they were dating. When they were dating.

Tell him. Do it, Brooke. Tell him. You know you want to. These were the very thoughts that circled through Brooke's mind, giving her a headache. "Lucas, I need to talk to you about something." she admitted.

"Of course. Anything."

"I..I. Um." Lucas gave her a confused look, as she stumbled over her words, uncertain what to say or how to say it. "Um, your chicken soup isn't that good." she lied. Again.

"Brooke!" he said with shock, his mouth hanging open. "You and I both know that that is a total lie. Seriously, what's up with you?" He put his hand on hers, showing his truly affectionate side. She loved that about him. Loved.

'Count to three, and just come out with it' her thoughts told her. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath in. "Lucas, I-"

"Dinner!" Karen called from the kitchen. Brooke stopped in her tracks, getting up and walking to the kitchen; Lucas followed behind Brooke, a concerned look etched onto his ever-brooding face.

"We'll pick this up later." Lucas told Brooke. He wondered if he'd done something wrong. What if she hated him? Was it something he said? He replayed the past week or so in his head, thinking of all the possibilities of what he could have done wrong. Nothing came to mind. He tried to shrug it off and enjoy his dinner, but it kept nagging him and constantly coming to the front of his mind.

After dinner, Lucas followed Brooke back to her room. "So, where were we?" he asked her.

Brooke looked down. She needed time to fully think through what she was going to say. "Lucas, can we do this another time? I'm pooped, I just wanna go to sleep, okay?" she gave him an apologetic look, but quickly tore her eyes away from him, knowing she'd probably burst into tears if she gazed at him for too long.

"Sure." he said, firmly. Leaving the room, just like he was asked.

Brooke sighed deeply. There was only one thing she could do: ask Peyton. Brooke picked up her cell, and dialled her best friend's number. After three long rings, Peyton picked up the phone.

"B. Davis? What's up?"

"I need your help, Peyt."

"Well, maybe if you spit it out, I can be of some service."

"So, I was rearranging my clothes into order of cuteness, because obviously blues are in right now-"

"And your point is what exactly?"

"Long story short, I found a little box in Lucas' closet and I know it was totally wrong of me to do, but I opened it and I found a little collection of stuff from our relationship, like a photo of us, his necklace, a feather from my costume, tickets to a gig we went to and the carnival wristband from last weekend. I don't know what to do, please help me out P. Sawyer."

"Talk to him."

"I should have known you'd be no help."

"Davis! You need to talk to him. Communication is key. Wouldn't you like to know what could have been? Now, you didn't hear this from me, but Lucas still likes you, and I'm getting this vibe that you're still into him."

"You think so? I dunno, Peyton. I'd be scared of getting hurt again."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't kiss him this time." Brooke could almost hear her grinning down the phone.

"Not funny! But I guess you're right. Thanks P. Sawyer, you did a good job. Night."

"Love you B. Davis." And with that, the call ended.

Lucas woke to the sound of floorboards creaking. He switched on the light, thinking he was about the hit an intruder. Instead, he saw Brooke stood by his new bed, the couch, grinning slightly. "Oh, Brooke. You scared me." Lucas breathed heavily, his heart still beating rapidly.

"I couldn't sleep." she admitted. "We need to carry on that conversation now."

Lucas nodded, as they both made their way to the couch, sitting beside each other. "Okay.."

"Long story short, I found the box in your closet." He sighed, and instantly looked towards the floor. "Okay, I have a lot to say, so please don't interrupt." Lucas nodded in agreeance. "I didn't know what to think at first, I mean before I kinda thought that you were into me, but then I figured you were just trying to make up for the whole 'cheating on me with my best friend' scenario." Lucas winced at her words, he still wished he hadn't done that. "I kinda went back and forth between thinking it was creepy and thinking it was sweet. It is kinda both though. But I've had a lot of time to think about this, plus some wise words from P. Sawyer, who told me that I needed to talk to you, and think about what we could have been. I understood at first, but I'm still terrified of getting heartbroken again, because you hurt me so bad before."

"Brooke-" Lucas began.

"I said no interrupting Lucas. I have an offer to propose." He looked at her, his eyes clouded with confusion and curiosity. "Non-exclusive dating."

"Isn't that basically friends with benefits?" he questioned her, as she rolled her eyes.

"Lucas, I am not that trashy! It means, we see each other, go on dates and of course do other stuff, but we still get to see other people."

Lucas sighed. He didn't want this, but if it meant he could kiss Brooke and at least be somewhat closer to being with her, then it was an offer that he wasn't willing to refuse. "I'm game." he replied.

"Great. So, how about we start now?" She asked him seductively, biting her lip. Before, he could answer, she was straddling his waist, their lips forcefully pressed together. Oh god, he had wanted to taste her again for so long. Lucas tried to take control of the kiss, pressing harder against her lips, pushing his tongue into her mouth, one hand grabbing the back of her head, the other resting on her cheek. Brooke felt something pushing against her lower regions, she pulled away from the kiss, smirking at Lucas. "Down boy." she said to him, as she got off of Lucas' lap. He pouted, as she walked back to her room, and he pressed his fingers to his lips.

He had just kissed Brooke Davis. Brooke Davis had just kissed him. He wished that the kiss could have lasted longer, but then looked at his bulge, cursing his hormones for getting the better of him. He pulled the blanket over him, and drifted off into a deep sleep, dreaming about Brooke Davis all night long.