Chapter Thirteen: Stay Stay Stay

You took the time to memorise me

My fears, my hopes, and dreams

I just like hangin' out with you, all the time

All those times that you didn't leave, it's been occurring to me

I'd like to hang out with you, for my whole life

The soft patter of rain against the window woke Lucas from his deep sleep. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking several times so his eyes could adjust to the harsh daylight streaming in through his windows. He flipped onto his right side, putting his left arm around Brooke who was fast asleep next to him. Fast asleep on his now numb arm. Gently, he slipped his arm from beneath the crook of her neck, her head softly fell to the pillow. She shuffled slightly from the disturbance, but continued to sleep nonetheless. Quietly, he sat up and swung his legs over to the edge of the bed, standing up slowly and stretching with a groan. Lucas looked down at the beautiful brunette in his bed, and thought back to the events of the previous day. She was so forgiving upon finding out about him and Nicki. With a small smile upon his face, he decided he was going to surprise her today, to repay her for being amazing. He pulled on some sweatpants and a grey t-shirt, and crept out of his bedroom, ensuring he didn't slam the door behind him.

As he walked towards the kitchen, he noticed his mom was sat at the dining table.

"Mornin' mom," Lucas greeted his mother, leaning down to plant a small kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning, Lucas," Karen said with an unusually chirpy tone, and a smile on her face.

"Why are you so chipper today?" Lucas asked his mother with a smirk, and a raised eyebrow.

"Well," she began, "Keith is back in town!"

"Are you serious?! When did you see him?" A large smile quickly emerged onto the teenager's face.

"He came into the cafe last night, and we got to talking and stayed there until late. He's coming over for dinner tonight!"

Lucas immediately hugged his mother. He hadn't seen Keith since just after Jules left him at the altar. No one had been able to reach him since.

"I can't wait," Lucas told his mother, releasing her from the hug. "Mind if I ask you a favour, by the way?"

"Ask away."

"Well, Brooke's asleep in my room, and she's been super good to me recently and I wanted to thank her by making her an amazing breakfast in bed. Do you mind helping me out?"

"Of course, Luke! Hey, do you want to invite her to dinner tonight too?" Karen suggested, kindly.

"I think that'd be really nice, thanks mom."

"Lets get started on Brooke's breakfast, you start cracking the eggs," Karen instructed her son.

After about 20 minutes of cooking, Karen and Lucas served up an assortment of breakfast foods: scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and, Brooke's favourite, pancakes - served with a glass of fresh orange juice and a flower for romantic effect. Lucas placed the food onto a tray and walked into his bedroom. His girlfriend was still fast asleep, so he tip-toed over to her side of the bed, placed the tray on the bedside table and sat beside her, nudging her gently to wake her up. Her gorgeous green eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, pretty girl." Lucas planted a tender kiss on her lips.

"Good morning, boyfriend." Brooke smiled at her boyfriend innocently. "What is that amazing smell?"