Chapter Nine: Kids in Love

"We were just kids in love, the summer was full of mistakes we wouldn't learn from."

"Good morning, boyfriend." Lucas woke up to the sound of a sweet, yet raspy, voice beside him. He blinked his eyes wildly, fighting away the urge to sleep and sat up against the headboard of the bed. Brooke stood beside him, holding a tray in her hands. On the tray was a plate of freshly made pancakes and an assortment of anything you could possibly eat with them: syrup, lemon, sugar, even some chocolate and a glass of orange juice. "Breakfast is served!" She said, a vibrant smile planted on her gorgeous face.

"You made me breakfast? Wow, I knew there were reasons for keeping you around, other than just sex." Lucas teased.

"Well, I could just throw them in the trash.." Brooke suggested, about to turn around and leave.

"Kidding!" Lucas threw his hands up in defeat, and patted the the space next to him, issuing for Brooke to sit down.

Brooke took the offer and sat beside him on the bed and put the tray of pancakes down in front of them. She put a plate in front of herself and Lucas and started eating some pancakes, after lathering them with syrup and sugar, of course.

"So, what do you wanna do today, pretty girl?" Lucas asked, before devouring his pancake, which was smothered with chocolate.

"Surprise me." Brooke replied with a smile.

"You got it." Lucas stated, with a smile, before planting a soft kiss onto Brooke's lips.

****

That day, Lucas and Brooke turned up to school hand in hand. While walking down the corridor, people were staring at the couple intently: some with looks of jealousy, others with looks and confusion and other people just seemed to think it was cute. The hallway turned into a cacophony of girls grunting, declaring that they'd be better for Lucas and guys groaning now that they sexiest girl in school was off the market.

"Thank God you two finally figured it out!" A voice sounded behind the duo. It was, of course, Peyton, holding onto Jake's hand, a huge smile lingering on her slender face.

"Yeah, I've heard all about you guys and the drama. At least that's over now, hey!" Jake inserted himself into the conversation.

"That's 'cause Peyton over here has a huge mouth." Brooke said with mock anger, glaring at her best friend.

"Oh, shut up. I'm just glad to see that you guys are together now." She said, smiling at the couple in front of her.

Lucas squeezed Brooke's hand. "And I don't plan on letting her go this time." He said sincerely, looking his girlfriend straight in the eyes.

"Good. I didn't want to be let go of." Brooke said back to Lucas, smiling lightly and reaching up to plant a kiss on his lips.

"I'd say get a room, but Jake and I kiss in public a lot too." Peyton interrupted them and laughed.

"Ew, too much info." Brooke retorted with a scowl. "Anyway, boyfriend, we should get to English class."

Lucas nodded, both couples smiled and said their goodbyes and walked off to their classes.

"I'm really glad that we're together now." Brooke told Lucas sweetly.

Lucas caressed Brooke's cheek with his hand and pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "So am I, pretty girl." He replied, pressing his lips against hers one more time. "Oh, by the way, I have a surprise for you."

"Aw, yay! Hand it over." Brooke said holding out her hands.

"I don't have it now, just go into the bedroom at 7pm." Lucas instructed her.